Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sub culture on thesite

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone else noticed that some people only post on certain boards, i was just flicking through travel, work and fashion (which i rarely visit) and i've seen posts by people i've never heard of before, but who seem quite popular in that board, pretty weird i think

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, slap my thigh, tickle my arse with a chicken and call me Mary. People who stick to the one forum! Whatever will they think of next.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by 1983
    Well, slap my thigh, tickle my arse with a chicken and call me Mary. People who stick to the one forum! Whatever will they think of next.

    :lol:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by J
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. Once upon a time I would only post in the drugs forum but some of the other noticed me in there and invited me to come into the anything goes forum.
    Before then I don't think I even realised that there was another "room" I was reasonably new to the net when I came here...
    duh ...me too.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by 1983
    Well, slap my thigh, tickle my arse with a chicken and call me Mary. People who stick to the one forum! Whatever will they think of next.

    no need to be patronising
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by turlough
    no need to be patronising

    I forgot that phrase and it was the perfect opportunity!! But aye, people stick to the one place. People float about, madness.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I usually check (not necessarily post) in Anything goes, relationships, health, politics, entertainment and computers. I do check the rest of them, but rarely.
    When I first came, I'd never been in any kind of forums before, and I thought that a dream thread was a forum about dreams...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    I usually check (not necessarily post) in Anything goes, relationships, health, politics, entertainment and computers. I do check the rest of them, but rarely.
    When I first came, I'd never been in any kind of forums before, and I thought that a dream thread was a forum about dreams...
    i thought anything goes meant anything goes!
    the only thing that went was me ...i got chucked out.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by 1983
    I forgot that phrase and it was the perfect opportunity!! But aye, people stick to the one place. People float about, madness.

    Thats a phrase?! What kind of freaks do you socialise with?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Thats a phrase?! What kind of freaks do you socialise with?

    my thoughts exatly.

    anyways, i personally tend to stay out of a few because either i have no interest in them (work, travel etc) or because i'm not smart enough (politics) and possibly the lack of interest or the interest itself in the certian topics is what makes people go there... because really what, are you going to read things you aren't interested in?... actually i do but fuck that i'm running on like 2 hours of sleep so i'll stop this now
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by 1983
    Well, slap my thigh, tickle my arse with a chicken and call me Mary. People who stick to the one forum! Whatever will they think of next.

    So ive to slap you it onto your thigh...tickle your arse with a chicken or whatever is to hand and call you names? Bit kinky for this thread aint it?

    Most people kinda of sticks to a few threads, ill reda most but only post in a few. ye but in threads like drugs and politcs you see a lot of names that you dont recognise
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm far more concerned about this influx of youngsters, especially ones from Essex with names with lil or cutesie or lovable or other such vile Halmark card type words in their names.

    We dont want cutesie on here, and I dont want teenagers making me feel old with their energy and txt speak.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'm far more concerned about this influx of youngsters, especially ones from Essex with names with lil or cutesie or lovable or other such vile Halmark card type words in their names.

    We dont want cutesie on here, and I dont want teenagers making me feel old with their energy and txt speak.

    Damn kids and their music :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And no you cant have your ball back, its mine now.

    Children shouldnt be seen or heard. Why arent you up chimney's or down the mines?!

    Things were better in my day.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tend to stick to politics and anything goes with the occasional foray into work and travel. I don´t bother with sex, drugs, sport (subjects which I know nothing of) or health.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well yes. people have different interests.

    mostly i dont go in drugs, politics, clubbing or sport as most are things im not into and the politics stuff is all a bit heated. i'm studying it next year so maybe i will dabble then
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    well yes. people have different interests.

    mostly i dont go in drugs, politics, clubbing or sport as most are things im not into and the politics stuff is all a bit heated. i'm studying it next year so maybe i will dabble then

    Dabble in drugs, politics, clubbing or sport? Or all of them?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    politics.
    not drugs
    maybe clubbing!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I first joined I was rerading mainly health and sex-sex got boring (lol I mean the forum!) and now its mainly health, this one entertainment and occasionally fashion.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    The drugs forum is my home at TheSite. Sound and like minded people, and we all have something in common ...it's the most easy going forum here.

    Other than that I'll post anywhere that intrests me.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tend to start in Anything Goes, then go into Announcements, Student, Health, Entertainment, Sex and sometimes Relationships. If i'm feeling like i can be bothered to type a lot i occasionally go into Politics, but i tend to lurk in there rather than post - i don't have formed enough opinions on anything debated.
Sign In or Register to comment.