Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

ERGH fucking MAGGOTS

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
I just went to put my rubbish and recycling outside for the bin men, and my neighbours had already put loads out, lining both sides of my house, so i picked up the nearest bag to move it so i could put my recycling there and there was fucking maggots all over it :yuck: gross, I didnt notice it till id moved the bag, and then there were loads on the ground all trying to crawl away. Oh it made me feel sick, fucking dirty bastards putting that near my door. They must have noticed when they put it out. I went and got a carrier bag to cover my hands and moved all the bin bags near the road. Thats a health hazard having that near my front door surely. Ive only just showered and now I feel all unclean again.:yuck: :yuck:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    eeew, to warm the fishermen up or to warm the maggots up?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    eeew, to warm the fishermen up or to warm the maggots up?
    Both probably. :D They do it to make them wriggle more, and be more appealing to fish.

Maggots aren't really all that disgusting. It's just that they look a bit creepy (the way they look and wriggle), and feed on rotting rubbish that makes them seem that way.
  • Options
    I knew I shouldnt have read this thread...........me fooking feet are all itchy now, im sure theres sommat crawling up me leg :lol:

I hate anything creepy and crawly :lol:
  • Options
    Maggots arent a health hazzard.. They use them in medicine to eat away dying/dead flesh on wounds.. Very interesting.

Yes I've also put maggots in my mouth when I was fishing

but yes.. having it near your door is disgusting.. Was the bags there for more than a few days chances are the maggots werent there when he put the bags there.. if they was there 2-3days the flys would've been attracted and layed the eggs, Maggots only take litrally a few hours to a day to form

but near your house/door.. I feel sorry for you:(

If your concerned tip boiling water with bleach/detol over it.. Will ki lll the maggots or most of them..
  • Options
    Re: ERGH fucking MAGGOTS
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I just went to put my rubbish and recycling outside for the bin men, and my neighbours had already put loads out, lining both sides of my house, so i picked up the nearest bag to move it so i could put my recycling there and there was fucking maggots all over it :yuck: gross, I didnt notice it till id moved the bag, and then there were loads on the ground all trying to crawl away. Oh it made me feel sick, fucking dirty bastards putting that near my door. They must have noticed when they put it out. I went and got a carrier bag to cover my hands and moved all the bin bags near the road. Thats a health hazard having that near my front door surely. Ive only just showered and now I feel all unclean again.:yuck: :yuck:
    we've just had our first rainfall for a while on a warm evening ...i could hear this tapping outside the window.
    big torch went to investigate ...about a dozen friggin slugs of all shapes and sizes ...i hate slugs! like something out of a horror movie in the lamplight.
    the last thing on my mind was slimecreatures.
    the tapping was rain dripping onto a seesaw.
  • Options
    I much hate spiders more than anything. Satan's workers. *shudder*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    .. Was the bags there for more than a few days chances are the maggots werent there when he put the bags there..
    no, it was there under an hour I would say. They must have had it in their garden like that. They should have put it nearer the road. The other gross thing was that I had bare feet at the time, so grossed out that i might have squished some with my feet.
    I hate slugs too, in my old house they used to get into my kitchen at night, it was absolutely disgusting but I had no idea where they got in. The biggest slugs you ever saw. I resorted to sprinkling salt all round the edges of the kitchen every evening, and there would always be about 6 or 7 shrivelled up and melted in a gooey mess the next morning. Thats one thing I dont miss about my old house.
    Spiders I dont mind at all - quite like the little blighters, but anything qooey, slimey or any insect larvae makes my skin crawl.
  • Options
    I used to go fishing with my dad & was meant to put them on the hook but i never as it was sooooo grose. I really dont like them they make my skin crawl.
    I don't thnk it was fair to put the rubbish by your house no.
  • Options
    Eeeewww that is so disgusting!!! I feel so sorry for you.