Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

PC-TV card - getting ITV?!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,
Bought a PC-TV card yesterday and after ages getting it all plugged in cant get ITV. Managed to get the other 3 channels to an extent but cant get 3 for some reason........

Anyone with similar know the frequency or something I can put in to get it ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Is it such a loss, what would you want to watch on ITV anyway? its all pap.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    1) Turn on TV
    2) Press 3 on remote control.
    Sorted

If you were looking for an intelligent response, I'd try posting in the correct forum.
  • Options
    PC-tv card? wats dat? :S

*edited to say* Oh and don't say "a tv thing for ure comp" I mean where do u plug it in etc.? Wat channels? Where can I see em?
  • Options
    Can't it auto find? I've had a look on their website and there is no frequency listings at all. I think it depends exactly what area you are in, and to an extent the exact location of your aerial. It could always be a dodgy tv card, too.
  • Options
    You may well get better answers in the computing section.
  • Options
    You never know, Susie might move it to the computing section.

(he says while moving closer to getting a formal warning, though hoping he wont)
  • Options
    Hmmmm

Sorry if wrong firum- was just in a rush and seemed and Anything Goes topic to me!

Cheers for replies.

Well managed to get BBC1 (711.312), BBC2 (655.312) and Channel 4 (679.312) working fine now but still the problems with ITV Anglia. Actually got hold of it once earlier but forgot to save and lost it and havent got it back since!
  • Options
    Those cards are often quite fiddly to work with, but there should be quite a few channel listings in the manual. If not, you live somewhere that doesn't have TV and you should probably move your caravan on :p
  • Options
    Tbh most of them have auto-scan which will find all the available signals and lock them in, you just fiddle with the channel numbers.
  • Options
    The problem with PC TV cards is that they can't draw much power from the computer, so they don't have enough power to pull in a good signal, and can be buggers to tune. I had similar problems with mine. The quality isn't fantastic either, unless you recieve a strong signal. But they're useful. I watch mine most of the time as a small 5" picture in the corner of the screen. I only use the proper TV when watching films, etc.

As for which frequencies to use - well, that depends upon where you live. Different areas of the country have different transmitters, transmitting the TV stations on different frequnecies. *nag time* Why not just use Google to look for them.