Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

For £59...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Im lookin to go on hols in oct, and ive been searching around, and it really is going to be a budget hol, but ive found a week to spain, from local airport, flight and sc accom for £59! Its allocation on arrival, and doesnt actually show pics of the hotels......am i going to end up on holidays from hell? :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Allocation on Arrival holidays can sometimes go wrong. It all depends what company you've booked with! Have they given you a resort or anything?
  • Options
    They just said maybe parma nova maybe magaluf, but it could be anywhere, im not after 5* i just want some where decent, not a cock roach motel:crazyeyes
  • Options
    a hostel would be fine, as long as its clean! please just let it be clean! :(
  • Options
    What company is it with? I'm 'in the industry' so I'll see if I can dig up some policies of the company.
  • Options
    Sweet - That holiday sounds good to me as long as it's not bunk !

Anyone got any good sites for finding cheap holidays abroad ??

For me and girlfriend who is pregnant so nowhere poo poo !
  • Options
    the site im lookin on is www.icelolly.com all the other hosl are the same, not much info and cheap...im just worried ill end up in a stinkin place an ruinin my hols :(
  • Options
    I haven't looked on the site you posted, but sounds good to me! Who cares if you get shoved somewhere crappy? You'll still have a good time, plus how much time do you spend in a hotel room anyway? Seriously for £59 including flights etc, I'd probably put up with anything, plus as people have said, you could get lucky and end up with somewhere really plush. It sounds really exciting not knowing where you're gonna end up! Be positive about it, you havent got much to lose either way.
  • Options
    :( Maybe i am just being negative! it just you see programs like holidays from hell and cant help but wonder! I've heard they'll give me a minimum accomodation thing when i ring to book so i can only have the type they say, or better they aint allowed to give you worse! :D
  • Options
    When I click on the more info bits beside the holidays on that icelolly site, the pages all come up blank. Is it just me or do they do that for everyone?
  • Options
    Re: For £59...
    Originally posted by Foxxy_Cymru
    am i going to end up on holidays from hell?

probably. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    When I click on the more info bits beside the holidays on that icelolly site, the pages all come up blank. Is it just me or do they do that for everyone?

Anyone? :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Anyone? :(

No. Works fine for me.

As for the company, they're a broker. Its worth checking which company they'll be using or whether they're sourcing individual bookings.
  • Options
    Re: For £59...
    Originally posted by Foxxy_Cymru
    Im lookin to go on hols in oct, and ive been searching around, and it really is going to be a budget hol, but ive found a week to spain, from local airport, flight and sc accom for £59! Its allocation on arrival, and doesnt actually show pics of the hotels......am i going to end up on holidays from hell? :confused:

That's a damn good price - I assume you needed to book with other peopl for that price?
  • Options
    i think so, 2 or four sharing i should imagine, im just so worried im going to end up with the cock roaches, im gonna give them a ring this week see if i can get more info.
  • Options
    As long as you are in good distance of the main resorts etc. Who cares about the accomodation, aslong as you have some kind of bed and hot running water. Thats all the time you have to spend there!
  • Options
    :D were booking next week!