Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Avril Lavigne

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Any one else think her new album is top quality listening? :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Not really a fan of her tbh.
  • Options
    nope
  • Options
  • Options
    Re: Avril Lavigne
    Originally posted by Foxxy_Cymru
    Any one else think her new album is top quality listening? :thumb:

Ignoring all the image bullshit, I think that the album is good - much stronger than her first. I like tracks 1, 2, 6 and 11 the best (I always know songs by their number not their name :rolleyes: ) :D
  • Options
    Yeah, its a fantastic album. I loved the first one, but Under My Skin overshadows it totally.

I've ordered my tickets to see Avril at Manchester on October 3rd :hyper: can't wait!
  • Options
    I like tracks 1, 2, 6 and 11 the best
    Number 2's my fave :D
  • Options
    no. i think it is below the bottom quality listening.
  • Options
    Not to big on her music, but she it quite cute sometimes ;) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I was so mad because I saw her promoting her album on MTV, so the next day I went to buy her album and they said it wouldnt be out for a few days. So the morning it came out, I went and got it. I :heart: it. The only song I don't care for is #4 but other than that, I love it.

(this just reminded me, there is a lunch-in with her going for auction on ebay, it ends sometime monday and the last time I checked, the auction was $7,000 :eek: All the money goes to Prostate Cancer. But to have lunch with her and it has to be a major city. That would be awesome. check it out)
  • Options

(this just reminded me, there is a lunch-in with her going for auction on ebay, it ends sometime monday and the last time I checked, the auction was $7,000 :eek: All the money goes to Prostate Cancer. But to have lunch with her and it has to be a major city. That would be awesome. check it out)

Yeah I know, saw this the other day. Still within my student loan range I think, but I think I'll give it a miss haha! I'll stick to Manchester on October 3rd.

However, if anyone registered here lends me a dollar, I'll be very grateful!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    she's naff

a pigeon flew in her face in Leeds *nods*

thats funny. just like fabio. now that was funny. i remember when she did like mall tours... first off how cool can you be to not even be able to book a venue and having to do a mall... and she kept getting booed off the stage there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    a pigeon flew in her face in Leeds *nods*
    LOL!!

Anyway, "Under My Skin" isn't bad. It's definitely grown since my initial listen, plus there's nothing as embarrasing as "Skater Boi". Personal favourites are "Take Me Away" (similar to "Losing Grip" off the first one), "How Does It Feel", "My Happy Ending" and "Nobody's Home". Unfortunately, there are a few wishy-washy tracks but at least it makes you appreciate the better ones.

Oh, and her image is questionable.
  • Options
    ah....Miss Lavigne...a prime example of how NOT to launch your singing career....do you think she ever intends to be taken seriously as an artist? cuz alls she's done is cultivate this lil "sk8r biatch" image for herself which is gonna do her no favours when all her little teeny bopper fans grow up a little. Its not like you can even lump her in with the Hot Topic stylings of some actual bands either, i mean you cant call her punk or rock or any of that, shes even below Linkin Park in that respect for gods sake. Noticed how only one of her released songs (Sk8r Boi) is a more (i shudder at the use of this word but i cant think of another) "rock" orientated song? The rest have been the wishy washy stylings of someone who has no idea what a rock music sounds like....its like shes trying to be Alanis Morrissette (no offence to this woman as i actually like her stuff, at least shes not under any illusions as to what kind of artist she is, but she was a handy example due to her style and her nationality) but with sum baggy jeans and some stripey socks...if she just came out of the gate with the songs she obviously prefers to sing (wishy washy crap) than attempting to be these faux punk skater kid i reckon shed have a)a hell of a lot more credibility b)hell, just some respect from somone in general and c) an audience that stretches further than little prepubescant children that have yet to discover an actual musical taste outside of the pop world that theyre immersed in.
  • Options
    it's not my thing, but whatever floats your boat.
    i saw her live a couple of years ago and she was really really bad. it was by far the worst gig i ever went to, and i've seen boyzone!
  • Options
    *blank*