Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

pet fostering

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This may sound very odd, but has anyone ever come across a company/organisation that arranges short/medium term pet fostering?

Basically my ex boyfriend's family have been told they face eviction if they do not get rid of their cats as the neighbour complained to the letting agents that one of their cats scratched his car (although there are several other cats in the neighbourhood and he didn't see which cat did it).

So they need to find a foster home for their cats until they move in September. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    Ask around. My sisters friend is looking after my puppy while I'm at my mum's, until I get a new place. I'm only being charged for her food.
  • Options
    can any of their friends or relatives look after them? that would be your easiest option.
    I did see an advert in our paper the other day from a company asking for new pet fosterers, but its a local company so it wouldnt help you, and i cant even remember what its called anyway! call your local RSPCA, they might know, or even try the yellow pages.
  • Options
    Ask your family and friends. You could also put an advertisement in the newspaper, and perhaps a few notices around etc. If all else fails, like Badabing said, phone the RSPCA. They'll take the cats in for you if they haven't got a home.
  • Options
    I don't really know anything about these, but is there any chance you could put it in a cattery until September or just until you they find something else. But saying that, they probably would be expensive!
  • Options
    Normally you would put them in a cattery. Someone I know owns a cattery and they often have cats for months at a time whilst their owners are moving house. If you couldn't afford this, you will be best finding a friend to do it, or even placing an ad in your local paper but I can't see you finding anyone.