Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

FAO Mods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I would like to know why My thread trying to encourage people to vote today was moved. The reason it was here was to try and get people who would not bother with the Politics & Debate forum out to vote.

Surely you can see why I was doing it. I see no reason for it to be moved.

Comments

• Options
    I am with you on this... Even if you're a communist :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    I am with you on this... Even if you're a communist :p

Im hardly a communist, I voted for the Liberal Democrats :p

:heart: Charles Kennedy
  • Options
    Oh hush your moaning, it's a hot thread on the homepage

not that I actually moved it but...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    Oh hush your moaning, it's a hot thread on the homepage

not that I actually moved it but...

Well i know I for one hardly go to the homepage and go straight here...

I just dont think it was worth moving it, who ever did it.
  • Options
    well hate to point out but it was about politics hence why it was moved to the get this... Politics (and debates) forum :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gavman
    well hate to point out but it was about politics hence why it was moved to the get this... Politics (and debates) forum :p

and it was done to encourage those who don't go into the Politics Forum to take an interest and vote...

It made more sense for it to be here, the people who post there would already have an interest, wouldn't you say?
  • Options
    pshha i didnt move it so stop picking on me :crying:

:P

and besides i agree we should do more to get people to vote but some people just arent that interested and they are entitled to not bother voting (even if it is a huge waste :()
  • Options
    Im to young to vote.
  • Options
    I'm to young but vote for MR KILROY lmao... because Tv presenters are the best Mps etc..

Will says - Uk IP Rules (untill he starts a revolution)
  • Options
    Yeah I agree there was no harm in putting it here.

But then again, as I said in another thread, my interest in politics has been destroyed and my postal ballot went straight into the bin. Feel kinda guilty though, as many are complaining they never recieved theirs...

Thing is, if I did vote I'd end up going for the BNP or something to show my hatred of Labour, so its safer to go in the bin than do that ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    I'm to young but vote for MR KILROY lmao... because Tv presenters are the best Mps etc..

Well tell "Will" he's a retard.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Well tell "Will" he's a retard.

Will - *cries*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire

Do imaginary friends get the same voting rights as human people?

Give me strength.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gavman
    and besides i agree we should do more to get people to vote but some people just arent that interested and they are entitled to not bother voting (even if it is a huge waste :()

Okay, not wanting to cast a vote is part of your democratic rights, I totally agree. I would also support a move if it was done because people didn't feel that any of the parties held their views. Personally I prefer to spoil the paper because at least that way I have registered my opinion - last time I wrote something about "why should I vote if you can't be bothered to canvass", do nothing means that your voice will never be heard.

But not voting because someone "can't be bothered" is unforgivable IMHO. I mean just how much effort does it take?

Don't vote and you end up with the Govt you deserve. Did you know that in the last General Election, a greater proportion of the population didn't vote at all, than actually voted for labour?

I think the trun out was 60% (40% no vote) and labour got less than 50% votes (or 30% of population voted for them...) Basically anyone who didn't vote really shouldn't complain about the state of our service, or that war in Iraq etc..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocks
    Thing is, if I did vote I'd end up going for the BNP or something to show my hatred of Labour, so its safer to go in the bin than do that ;)

Just to add, if we don't vote then we face the possibility that parties like the BNP will get elected.

Dude, you should really think again. Voting for a far-right racist party is not the way to register a protest. Giving people loike these power is a really stupid way to say that you don't like the current Govt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Just to add, if we don't vote then we face the possibility that parties like the BNP will get elected.

Dude, you should really think again. Voting for a far-right racist party is not the way to register a protest. Giving people loike these power is a really stupid way to say that you don't like the current Govt.

Indeed. If you want a protest vote for the love of god dont vote for those rascists. There are plenty of other parties. There were about 12 on my ballot paper.
  • Options
    I moved it to politics because it seemed a more appropriate place for it - not trying to be awkward. The link's still on Anything Goes so people can still see it from there. Don't know what else to say really...
  • Options
    Originally posted by spanner
    I moved it to politics because it seemed a more appropriate place for it - not trying to be awkward. The link's still on Anything Goes so people can still see it from there. Don't know what else to say really...

Surely you can see that the whole point of it was to get non-politics forum people to vote though.....
  • Options
    Don't know what else to say really...

You could say that the drinks are on you...
  • Options
    Don't know what else to say really...

Sorry ? Shut the fook up moaning ? Naff off ? Im going home now so I dont give a shit that your winging ?

hehehehe.............Im a worky ticket aint I :lol: