Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Exam question just made me think.. What would be yours..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Thought that'd make you giggle..

did u do it on purpous, did u?! :hyper: oh, wow.
    Instead of bickering can't you people just answer the question?!

My ideal school would have been one in which you could choose your classmates. There would be more interactive learning.... none of this copying out of textbooks. The uniform would have been far less crap (no blazers but still a uniform 'cos I wouldn't want to have to pick what to wear every morning!) and there would be more fun lessons.... no formal PE lessons, just a group of friends playing rounders or netball. We would have done more food technology lessons ('cos I like my food, hehe!) and pervy old male teachers with beards would have been banished!

I actually quite liked school though.
    Thought that'd make you giggle..

oh yeh 'cause you did it on purpose.
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    oh yeh 'cause you did it on purpose.

No but half my replys im not typing as I'm sharing a pc atm...:p
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Instead of bickering can't you people just answer the question?!

My ideal school would have been one in which you could choose your classmates. There would be more interactive learning.... none of this copying out of textbooks. The uniform would have been far less crap (no blazers but still a uniform 'cos I wouldn't want to have to pick what to wear every morning!) and there would be more fun lessons.... no formal PE lessons, just a group of friends playing rounders or netball. We would have done more food technology lessons ('cos I like my food, hehe!) and pervy old male teachers with beards would have been banished!

I actually quite liked school though.

Nice school :)

Im jealous. I wish i could share my pc with someone ;(

oh what and you've been sharing a PC since july 2003 have you.
    oh what and you've been sharing a PC since july 2003 have you.

Good point.
    Erm yes.. I share my pc with my annoying twin brother..

I admit I have bad langague but it's normally only on the pc as when I'm typing I touch type and don't normally look at the keyboard as I watch Tv

Every second your on the computer?

I admit I have bad langague but it's normally only on the pc as when I'm typing I touch type and don't normally look at the keyboard as I watch Tv

Yes but some of your mistakes are clearly through you not having a good grasp of language, not through a typo. I'm not trying to offend here, but you really shouldn't go around telling people you're off to do your piss easy geography exam, you haven't taken it yet.
    Yes but some of your mistakes are clearly through you not having a good grasp of language, not through a typo. I'm not trying to offend here, but you really shouldn't go around telling people you're off to do your piss easy geography exam, you haven't taken it yet.

I already took 1 the other day..:p

and tink.. no.. I was pissing about.. :rolleyes:
    I already took 1 the other day..:p

but, your foundation, not higher, so technically your not as "clever" as your making out to be, and its not as "easy" as you thought it was.
    and tink.. no.. I was pissing about..

sorry. I forgot to laugh.
    No.. i couldn't be assed.. Sorry.. my god I've taken one foundation paper out of 10or so GCSE's PLEASE SHOOT ME...
    No.. i couldn't be assed.. Sorry.. my god I've taken one foundation paper out of 10or so GCSE's PLEASE SHOOT ME...

:mad:

There's nothing wrong with having taken a foundation paper, it's your attitude that's pissing me off.

I thought you had a geography exam to do anyway.
    No.. i couldn't be assed..

Teachers dont just take you out of tiers because you couldnt be "assed"

There's nothing wrong with having taken a foundation paper, it's your attitude that's pissing me off.

snap.
    :mad:

I thought you had a geography exam to do anyway.

Just as you said that.. it's at 01.30 and Im off to eat before the Exams..

And sorry if i find courses easy.. god maybe if you wasn't so highly strung about my problems with grammar then I wouldn't have such a cocky attitude.
    Just as you said that.. it's at 01.30 and Im off to eat before the Exams..

And sorry if i find courses easy.. god maybe if you wasn't so highly strung about my problems with grammar then I wouldn't have such a cocky attitude.

I've said I'm not meaning to offend, so don't take offence. I just find this whole thing hard to grasp.

Good luck in your exam. :thumb: :)
    Originally posted by BritJames
    And all I can say is ... IF THOSE ARE THE SORT OF QUESTIONS YOU GET IN AN EXAM, NO WONDER ALL THE KIDS THESE DAYS ARE THICK AS SHIT :)

and they say standards aren't dropping ;)
    I don't think it really matters what the questions are like in english. I mean they're assessing your writing, not your knowledge. It doesn't really matter what you're writing about as long as you write enough for them to be able to work out what level you're on. But that only applies to english, doesn't mean every subject has got questions that easy. Unfortunately :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Psycho_Smurf
    I don't think it really matters what the questions are like in english. I mean they're assessing your writing, not your knowledge.

they're assessing your grasp of english. and they're trying to stretch you. at least they should be. i would have thought it would be very hard to show the range of your abilities with a question like that.
    Yeah I suppose so.... not the whole paper is made up of questions like that though... there's some comprehension questions, stuff about structure and language in poems, characters in books, all kinds of crap.... basically I'm just saying it's not all made up of easy questions like that.
    i just did that AQA english exam about 1930s american farmers. but i made a balls-up of that section. i hate english exams!

as for my perfect school... all the teachers would have to be those who always end up talking about something thats got nothing to do with what they're trying to teach. and rugby would have to be banished and replaced with football.
    Originally posted by dave_lcfc
    i just did that AQA english exam about 1930s american farmers. but i made a balls-up of that section. i hate english exams!

Foundation or Higher?
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Foundation or Higher?

don't they do intermediate?
    Originally posted by Psycho_Smurf
    I think I did okay... misjudged my time a bit on the first questions but it should be okay.... How about you?

Ahh, i did the same thing - wrote a couple of pages for 1A and then realised i was running out of time, and ended up having very little time for the last question.

And James - AQA give us decent questions about literary devices, have us examine texts and comment for pages on why the language used shaped the reader's conclusion etc. OCR is obviously a wank examining board, a question about what your ideal school would be? I'm sure i remember doing something about that in year 6, seriously...
    don't they do intermediate?

Only for maths. And thats pointless anyway, because that just means that the highest grade you can get on the foundation paper is a D, which is basically useless.
    The describe questions are always naff. I can't remember what my actual exam question was, but my mock was 'describe your ideal home' and my brother's actual exam was 'describe the room you are in'.

If you just wrote 'my ideal school would have nice fun teachers and a big swimming pool and we would never get homework' and so on then you'd get hardly any marks, because you aren't using descriptive skills, and I think that's the trap that a lot of people fall into with that kind of question, and why they come across as a lot easier than they actually are - to get the highest marks you'd need to show good structure and planning, good use of literary devices like alliteration and metaphors etc, as well as showing that you have good control and style in your writing.

There's not a huge amount of scope to do that on the surface, but say you were writing about a Hogwarts type school, there'd be plenty of room to show off your descriptive skills.

That's my bit of input, anyway. :p
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    my brother's actual exam was 'describe the room you are in'.

Yeah.... I remember that one... my english teacher read out what someone wrote for that.... must've been really fucking boring for the examiners to have to read hundreds of those!