Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Leeds Festival.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just out of curiousity.. Who's heading to leeds this year..

This is my first festival so I can't wait :hyper:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Leeds Festival.
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Just out of curiousity.. Who's heading to leeds this year..

This is my first festival so I can't wait :hyper:
    how come youre going to Leeds, I thought you would be going to chelmsford or reading since theyre nearer.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'll be there at least one of the days.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Leeds Festival.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    how come youre going to Leeds, I thought you would be going to chelmsford or reading since theyre nearer.

A friend of mine ("a badstar" on here) Was going to come to V04 with me but she was going leeds and couldn't afford it all so she offered me to come to leeds with her,

:) I can't wait though.. Wicked line up although I'm still confused to why bands like 50cents and the streets are playing..
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    I'll be there at least one of the days.

You and Hellfire should have a little mini-meet! :)
  • Options
    Or not...
  • Options
    lol!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Leeds Festival.

:) I can't wait though.. Wicked line up although I'm still confused to why bands like 50cents and the streets are playing..
    oh I know, Im going to Reading - same lineup obviously, and i cant wait either.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm going to Reading. The summers not complete without going to reading festival. Looking forward to it although I'm the only one of my friends with a ticket, and now they're sold out. Hopefully they'll get them on the door though, they always release a couple of thousand tickets on the thursday so should be allll goood. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    Yeah I'm going to Reading. The summers not complete without going to reading festival. Looking forward to it although I'm the only one of my friends with a ticket, and now they're sold out. Hopefully they'll get them on the door though, they always release a couple of thousand tickets on the thursday so should be allll goood. :)

Your be ever so lucky though.. maybe day tickets but you don't get camping..

Well chances are slim.. you tried E-bay?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by z0ma
    You and Hellfire should have a little mini-meet! :)

Can I bring a baseball bat?

:D
  • Options
    Your be ever so lucky though.. maybe day tickets but you don't get camping..

Well chances are slim.. you tried E-bay?

I always thought that too, but my brother and his mates have always got a camping ticket at the door on the thursday and never have a problem for the past 6 years. Last year I was running around desperately trying to get a ticket and had to buy them off ebay in the end, when my brother just strolls up to the ticket booth and gets them! Have bought them off touts in the past as well and that was fine too. I don't think it'll be a problem as long as we get there early-ish.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    I always thought that too, but my brother and his mates have always got a camping ticket at the door on the thursday and never have a problem for the past 6 years. Last year I was running around desperately trying to get a ticket and had to buy them off ebay in the end, when my brother just strolls up to the ticket booth and gets them! Have bought them off touts in the past as well and that was fine too. I don't think it'll be a problem as long as we get there early-ish.

Well good luck then :)
  • Options
    im am totally unsure now as to wether im going or not i have to talk to some people.
    and rudey 1 you can get tickets at the gate pot luck really i know people who never had a problem and as for the acts your confused about this is so what i was saying in msn.
    its not just look at me im cool going to a rock festival i know fuck all about.
    it isnt just one stage with one lineup there will usually (i may be corrected) a dance stage a main stage afew odd sod stages ect the carling weekend plays host to lots of different things.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    im am totally unsure now as to wether im going or not i have to talk to some people.
    and rudey 1 you can get tickets at the gate pot luck really i know people who never had a problem and as for the acts your confused about this is so what i was saying in msn.
    its not just look at me im cool going to a rock festival i know fuck all about.
    it isnt just one stage with one lineup there will usually (i may be corrected) a dance stage a main stage afew odd sod stages ect the carling weekend plays host to lots of different things.

erm.... I know who are playing.. I know the stages..

Dance stage
    main stage
    radio1 stages
    comedy stage..
    jungle stage
    carling stage..

I'm mainly going to see
    Ash
    the offspring
    Lost prophets
    The white stripes
    RBF
    Placebo
    supergrass
    Funeral for a friend
    The distillers
    The hives
    and morrissey,

so what if this is my first festival I've been to.. I got asked to go and I accepted.. 1 - because I wanna spend time with my friends and 2 because I wanna listern to the music.. I like the music.. I've listerned to it for ages..

I don't care if it's uncool.. I was going to leeds because I can't go to V and I like the music.. I have done for ages.. I don't care if I'm uncool.. I'm not going to BE COOL.. I wouldn't fucking spend over £250 in total to be COOL.:rolleyes:

God.. give me some credit...

Also.. I never said it would be impossible to get tickets.. just hard thats all.. And also I was speaking to a friend and apparently..V04 last year after 12 oclock so you miss some bands where selling day tickets Dirt cheap..
  • Options
    you just totally didnt get what i said.
    you were sayin about why were people like 50 cent there and i was pointing out that it just about one little style of music that you class as rock or whatever frankly im not bothered about how many times youve been on the carling website to memorise everything and im almost certain you dont need to tell me about it :|
    and i didnt sday you spent 250quid to be cool i said to try to be cool :p
    and v04 last year
    was v03 ;)