Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Weird Ways of revising

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ok I think I have gone mad. I just found this to be the best way to take in my revision notes I have made.

I basically read them out loud up to a point.

Get up walk about and basically receit what I remember.

Go back, read over the first bit aloud again then go on to the second bit also.

Repeat the process again again with as many sections as needed until indented in brain.

Because of doing this I know pretty much know all off by heart what i need to know for some of my AS politics retake tomorrow.

So does anyone else have any ways of revising they would consider strange?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I used to revise through the ether, I'd leave my books in the corner of the room and let the knowledge float from the book to my brain while I dossed about.

It wasnt massively successful though.
  • Options
    thats how i learnt the stuff for my drama exam - dunno why i dont do it for other subjects - it'd make sense.

someone once told me they make a snakes and ladders board with a bunch of questions and if you got the question wrong you go down the snake or ladder and if you get it right you go up
  • Options
    I make up rhymes or word assocations for tables and charts or lists like that. Or just a few key words in each sentance then learn them from there.

Also goin back ten minutes later theh an hr later and see hpw much you can actually write down helps!
  • Options
    i read up then recite it to myself while throwing a tennis ball at a wall :confused:
  • Options
    Re: Weird Ways of revising
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Ok I think I have gone mad. I just found this to be the best way to take in my revision notes I have made.

I basically read them out loud up to a point.

Get up walk about and basically receit what I remember.

Go back, read over the first bit aloud again then go on to the second bit also.

Repeat the process again again with as many sections as needed until indented in brain.

Because of doing this I know pretty much know all off by heart what i need to know for some of my AS politics retake tomorrow.

So does anyone else have any ways of revising they would consider strange?

Funnily enough, I revise exactly in this way. I found it really useful when revising the case law for my law exam.
  • Options
    I chose not to revise for any of my exams... and they all went fine. looked at my "notes" twice in all... once when writing them, and once again after my exams when i was throwing all my old school stuff out.

I dont think this really has any relevance, but blah :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I used to revise through the ether, I'd leave my books in the corner of the room and let the knowledge float from the book to my brain while I dossed about.

It wasnt massively successful though.

:lol:

same. worked out pretty well for me though :p
  • Options
    Oh, it worked alright for me, got me into Uni and thats pretty much all A-levels are for if you are going on.