Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Glasses And The Summer.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else who wears glasses think that during the hot weather they get really uncomfortable to wear? I have gotten all hot and sweaty on my nose because of them and it feels manky. Im just pleased that I can actually pop my contact lenses in nowadays without any problems otherwise it would not be very nice.

But yeah this is just for anyone who probably would be dead by now anyway if it wasnt for the miricles of modern eye care to complain some more. :p

Comments

• Options
    I only have them for tv & driving but yeah they do make ya sticky.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    No, not really. What I don't like about them is that they leave white lines on my face's sides and that I can't wear sunglasses...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    No, not really. What I don't like about them is that they leave white lines on my face's sides and that I can't wear sunglasses...

Heh you can get those things you clip on your glasses which are like sunglasses.:cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Heh you can get those things you clip on your glasses which are like sunglasses.:cool:
    I guess so... but I like glasses with style.
  • Options

so thank goodness for contact lenses :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    so thank goodness for contact lenses :)
    I tried to, but I have a lot of astigmatism (is that word used in english? I don't have a dictionary with me) which means I'll need to make a special order for lenses, and that means mucho euros.
  • Options
    I tried to, but I have a lot of astigmatism (is that word used in english? I don't have a dictionary with me) which means I'll need to make a special order for lenses, and that means mucho euros.

Ah i see. Yeah my mum has that, and apparantly I have it slightly. I can still use pretty much normal lenses though.
  • Options

Heh Chris bought me some but i just cant wear them, i feel a prat!
  • Options
    :cool: how about prescription sunglasses! then you have both:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Foxxy_Cymru
    :cool: how about prescription sunglasses! then you have both:D

But they cost loads
  • Options
    i used to wear glasses and i have a condition wear i only see out of one eye at a time and my left one has perfect vision and am declared legally blind in my right eye with out my contact,my eye doc and i decided that it would be cheaper just wearing one contact than having to order specially made glasses with one plastic lens and one pescribed one,i would wear contacts if i were you,my glasses used to get foggy all the time and i would always keep having to take them off and clean them(about every 20 minutes or so),i hate only having to wear one contact but they are the best things in the world compared to contacts
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    But they cost loads

Loads of places give you a free pair of precriptions sunglasses. Granted the frames are from the £1.99 range :p
  • Options
    I know what you mean. The nose bit gets all sweaty then they start to slip down my nose! And they leave red marks.