Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Addiction to weed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Personally, I feel at least mentally, if not physically addicted to smoking marajuana.

If I stop I can't sleep, I have gravings, I'm grumpy etc

I can't face it at the moment .. Too much real stress..

Comments

• Options
    I know what you mean, i love a toke these days.
  • Options
    when summat aint fiscly addictive ...i relate psyco addiction as being the same as obsession. have to have the poster the belt buckle the knowledge and the reputation etc. have to read any news articles on the weed.
    obsession aint addiction but is closley related.
    within a few days of no herb everything including sleep is normal ...if you actualy do anything physical to get tired enough to sleep that is and if you ainyt upo late at night pounding your brain with music or telly.
    it's no big [problem unless you WANT to make it one ...
  • Options
    I tried to quit today for a while, I quit fags again today too.. I smoked about 10 drags of a joint, which is a fuck all I guess.. out of the 'stoned before bed' habit...
  • Options
    Yes, I think it can be addictive, I've gone through periods where I was wasted (properly wasted) all the time I possibly could.

After a while though it gets a bit boring, you cant think straight, your always tired, your memory is crap and you can be dull as shit during conversations.

The occasional smoke is much nicer.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

The occasional smoke is much nicer.
    i reckon i have smoked about a quids worth this evening in four or five one skinners over a period of about three hours.
    feel physicaly and mentaly pleasantly relaxed.
    tomorrow i have some seriously physical work in the hot sun ...i'll probably smoke about three quids worth over an eight hour period. makes a difficult dy a bit more pleasant.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Generally if I have a proper smoke it fucks up the rest of the day. I have to make sure I'm not doing anything Makes me lethargic and I'm lazy enough as it is. Smoking it at work is a big no no for me.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i think it was the tobacco in the joints that i was a little addicted to (i dont smoke fags) so when i quit pot i was sweating the bed etc, no sleep, moody git syndrome, for a week or so, quite unpleasant.........

but it does all return to normal, i was worried that if i had the joint here or there it would all come back but after 3 weeks i had a j in the hammock, was a luvverly day yesterday and theres a difference between willpower and self-punishment........was still stoned the next morning, as opposed to the usual 5-10 mins.

im a lazy bastard as well so i have to watch it doesnt get out of control again, and the occasional smoke is much nicer, just hard to remind yourself of that.......i like the word obsessed, that i am.
  • Options
    yeah i know what you mean, a nights not a night unless i have atleast one bong. I think if u tend to smoke it all day (like i did)then the first step to cutting down is to only smoke after 10 or 11pm, then after that its cutting it out one day at a time so after u smoked one night then just drink the next night then smoke the next night etc. Its bs that weed isent addictive, maybe its not chemically addictive but it is mentally addictive as for me a night is boring if i dont ave enough skunk left for a bong.

You made a good point there apollo, im lucky that i cut out bacy mixes for my bongs and joints in favour of pure skunk bongs, its easier to cut down if your not adicted to the baccy that usually goes hand in hand with weed cause baccy is chemicaly addictive.
  • Options
    Originally posted by apollo_69
    i think it was the tobacco in the joints that i was a little addicted to (i dont smoke fags) so when i quit pot i was sweating the bed etc, no sleep, moody git syndrome, for a week or so, quite unpleasant.........

im a lazy bastard as well so i have to watch it doesnt get out of control again, and the occasional smoke is much nicer, just hard to remind yourself of that.......i like the word obsessed, that i am.
    the tobacco sounds plausible.
    i'm a lazy git at heart as well but ...if i smoke five maybe ten penceworth around noon ...i can't stop. i graft till as late as possible doing a million jobs ...i have never ever understood how anyone can find the time for a propper job.
    today i have smoked less than two quids worth and been busy as hell all day. cutting timber ...putting in posts ...painting posts ...drilling rock ...had a great day.
    burnt to fuck!
    learning how to smoke this shit took me years ...it's been a good journey for me. i'm still learning.
  • Options
    I find its the ritual thats addictive, not weed itself.
    Come home from work, have a cone, Dinner tastes better, the fact that tv just isnt as good without it.

I'm currently in one of my bouts of giving up to cut down, can't do it the other way round cos then i find excuses to make an exception. Its hard when your surrounded by other ppl who are smoking all the time, but im just straight up and say no when offered. Dont take any smack for not smoking up if you dont wanna, or rather made a concious decission not too despite what you want.

It feels good to take control. And the mean high you get when you decide to start again is so worth it
  • Options
    just so you know juicebox its accepted that you don't go back and post in old threads...especially ones where the last post was made in 2004!
This discussion has been closed.