Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Wow!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the first time in a very very long time,like,years..I'm having a day all to myself,no one in the house,watching my dvds of sex and the city, pigging out on crisps and jam tarts and reading my magazines and listening to music. It's been so long since I've done this and I forgot how relaxing and fun it is. Wow! I'm actually enjoying my own company for once.

Comments

• Options
    Lucky you! I'm being constantly harrassed by customers asking what time the next film is when it's already up on the bloody blackboard!!!!
  • Options
    There's never anyone in my house. There never was when I was a child either, but I have to say that it is much more enjoyable on your own when at home. It's even more enjoyable when you have no work to do. ;'(
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It is nice to be alone at home once in a while. Not only you can do whatever the hell you want, you also don't have anyone over your head and you are given all the time you need to think. But if that becomes the norm, it's terrible. So try not to get used to it...
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    bloody blackboard!!!!

How un-PC that is :p
  • Options
    Oh sorry, I meant a chalkboard :p
  • Options
    fucking he;ll i won't be able to drink blackcuerrent at this rate1
  • Options
    Re: Wow!
    Originally posted by jellygirl
    pigging out on crisps and jam tarts

Mmm, yummy, i well fancy a jam tart now!!! :)
  • Options
    Nights home alone are marvelous. I always get so much done. Some cleaning, some reading, some writing, some surfing of the World Wide Web. My favorite thing is to get stoned and write some poetry in the bath tub. God I miss doing that all the time. Plus, you get to pick what ever you want to watch on TV, screw around with the cd player, eat until you've got enough gas to put a hole in the o-zone over a small town, chain-smoke your brains out cause there's no one there to impose second-hand smoke on, bleach your mustache, pee with the door open, take up the whole couch, the list goes on and on, really. :D
  • Options
    God I wish I had more times like that to myself :( . Makes it even worst when I have to share a room and my sister is ALWAYS in bed, never get peace to myself.
  • Options
    I hate being alone. Really can't stand it. Even if I'm doing uni work I prefer to have someone in the room with me whilst they quietly do their own thing.
  • Options
    How come?
  • Options
    I LOVE having the house to myself for a few days, you don't even need to get your friends round!

I love showering with the door open and the CD player up loud enough to hear it over the water, gettin stoned or drunk and watching films and reading, trying to survive on sandwiches and cereal and without trying to break the tenner your mum gave you for food... Driving everywhere whenever you want to because no one else needs the car, bein able to come home after a night out and letting people crash on your floor without giving two shits!

The only drawback can be the silences getting to you and making you feel really really isolated.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    How come?

I've always been the same. I suppose when I'm on my own I think too deeply about stuff and it upsets me. Right now in particular I'm going through a bad time and I'd rather be with anyone than no-one at all because at least if I'm talking about gardening with my mum I'm not thinking 'woe is me'..... etc.