Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

After the dropping of the phone in the loo incident..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
..I am in need of a new phone. My wee Nokia 8310 is being a biatch. It keeps saying "Insert SIM", and switching itself off. Becky is not happy. Becky will not take phone into loo when sloshed..in future. :thumb:

I am in need of a fancy PAYG colour screen, camera one. Preferably small. :yes:

I was thinking of theeese..any thoughts and the like?

Siemens MC60 TP
Samsung X600
Motorola V300

Not wanting to go over £180. :no:

Comments

• Options
    You can bend the pins that touch the sim card slightly with a knife or suchlike to ensure full contact for short term benefit.
  • Options
    If you aren't scared, you could get one of the best phones out for about that price which would usually cost double; either from a dodgey guy or ebay or somewhere. Just an idea.
  • Options
    3rd is the nicest IMO.

ETA: But they are all a bit shit.
  • Options
    Have a proper look round, ask them nice people at the Carphone (typed Craphone :\) Warehouse, The Link, because although they look like wee tards, they're actually quite helpful.

Alternatively, dropkick your current phone down the stairs, kick it around a bit, shake it (shake it like a Polaroid picture), and it'll probably start working again :thumb:
  • Options
    You can have my NEC e808Y for £50.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    You can have my NEC e808Y for £50.

Does it work? 'Cos we all know how much of a scamming bastard you are :razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Does it work? 'Cos we all know how much of a scamming bastard you are :razz:

Bullshit to that you lying little fuck. It's in perfect nick I'll have you know. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Bullshit to that you lying little fuck. It's in perfect nick I'll have you know. :(

Why so cheap then? :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Why so cheap then? :(

Well, I'm sorry. I'll charge £250 if it makes you happy? :chin:
  • Options
    Isn't it mahoosive? :\
  • Options
    You say your phone fell down the toilet?

Dry it with a hair dryer, it should work fine then.
  • Options
    My mates phone just survived an hour washing cycle in the machine. After drying it was fine.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I was sitting in a cafe with my driving teacher and another student the other week, and I kicked the table by mistake. The orange juice I was drinkini was poured all over his cell phone. I said sorry, and then he just grabbed a glass of water, poured it on his phone and wiped it off with a ahndkerchief. I was like :eek: , but it seems his phone is liquid-proof. :p
  • Options
    The motorola V300 is nice, my mate has the motorola V500 which is more expensive but its pretty good, the camera pictures are really clear.
    What about the nokia 3200, its the one with the weird buttons, its only £100 and has camera and stuff but i'm not sure whether its to everyones tastes as its so odd looking.
  • Options
    If you go here, there are some reviews on mobile phones...

I'm upgrading my phone, and just found this site. Don't know whether it's any good or not.