Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Phantom of the Opera

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I saw this today with my mum and it was amazing!!!

(even though last night I got a little sleep and my eyes were getting heavy, other than that...it was really good)

There was this chandelier that was swinging around and it was beautiful. I was just bearly looking through the program and it said things like....

-there were 35,000 beads on the chandelier (it was HUGE)
-They use 550 pounds of dry ice each performance (it's mind-boggling how they change each scene so fast and make them look so different :crazyeyes )
-they use 1,440 hairpins a week :eek2:
Their lavish costumes costed over $1.5 million

If anyone here has seen it, what did you think of it??

I highly recommend going (even though I'm not much a fan of the whole singing part but the costumes and the set are put together very well) and the tickets were very cheap too (even with good seats :D )
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I saw it a while ago in Chi. It was very good I thought. But then again I am a fan of the theater. The stage props and scenery always amaze me.

and sorry, but the past tense of cost is still cost.