Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

UK top 40

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone remember what was number one before this whole eamon/frankee thing? its really bugging me. can you believe that that song has been at #1 for 2 months now?! (is anyone brave enough to admit they bought it?)

apparently that awful mario winans track is gonna be the new number 1 on sunday (despairs at the UK single buying public) so my real question is....

what was the last number one record that you really liked and that deserved to be there?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    the offspring- pretty fly (for a white guy)
  • Options
    i really couldn't give a fuck about the uk top 40. i haven't even heard the eamon thing u refer to.
  • Options
    hmmmmm this is why the music industry is goin downhill, too eager to look for a quick buck whilst neglecting artist development et al

not that bad pop needs its place but there is too much of it, just turning onto a pop music channel says it all
  • Options
    Re: UK top 40
    Originally posted by superfly
    what was the last number one record that you really liked and that deserved to be there?

Gary jules - mad world
  • Options
    I hate songs then I hear them so much they grow on me and i like them! Then later when they have disapeared I think why the hell did i like that-hence why i purchased a copy of the holly valance cd! yuk!

I think in my mid teens the chart was a weekly must listen to show. Now I avoid it. I do watch topt etc if a band i like is on but never like the way I used to watch every week without fail. Guess its just how my music tastes change!
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    the offspring- pretty fly (for a white guy)

^^ Agrees

...most of the music i listen to hasnt a hope in hell of hittin the charts...i dont particularly care whats at number 1...or 2... or 3... or 4...5...6......blah blah blah
  • Options
  • Options
    Thankgod that bloody Eamon/Frankee shite isn't at No.1 anymore! Has anyone heard the Chris Moyles version? It's ace! The Mario Winans song is cool, good album :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Eamon/Frankee

Who? Seriously... I am not aware of ever actually hearing this song / hearing anyone mention this song in passing.
  • Options
    [BThe Mario Winans song is cool, good album :thumb: [/B]

Really? All the reviews I have read say the single is best song on the album, and I really don't like the single.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Who? Seriously... I am not aware of ever actually hearing this song / hearing anyone mention this song in passing.

Then you're very lucky!! And obviously haven't listened to the radio or watched much tv for the last 2 months!

And Doc, yeah I like it!
  • Options
    And Doc, yeah I like it!

Are the other songs better/less repetitive/don't make you want to sing Ready or Not?
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    don't make you want to sing Ready or Not?

God yeh that is a bit annoying I must admit! lol There's quite a few funky songs one there, one called 'Pretty Girl' is my fave at the mo, the only thing is there's quite a few slow songs on the album which lets it down a bit!
  • Options
    Then you're very lucky!! And obviously haven't listened to the radio or watched much tv for the last 2 months!
    We have the radio on at work but I'm not really listening, and I don't listen to the radio for pleasure. As for watching the TV, unless it features in Corrie, Eastenders, The Bill or the crappy Five cop shows my mum watches then I'll probable be able to avoid it FOREVER!
  • Options

And Doc, yeah I like it!
    I don't have a telly and don't listen to the radio.