Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Am I burnt out?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm feeling low on energy, low in motivation, I can't take my revsion in as much as I try, when I ever I revise my head feels as if its about to explode.

Am I burnt out. If so what can I do to stop it. I need to revise!!

(Been revising 5-6 hours a day by the way-before I got burnt out anyway :rolleyes: )

help if u can.

Cheers.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Take a couple of days off and then review your original revsion timetable to make it more realistic.

Plan for breaks.

A stressed out mind cannot remember much. Remember that a short amount of highly effective revision with breaks built in etc is better than putting in the hours back-to-back as you just won't be able to re-call it well anyway.

It depends on what level the material is at and how you feel about it as to how much you can manage to do in one day.

When I took my GCSEs I felt reasonably comfortable with the material and could do 8+ hours a day with breaks between subjects. When I recently took my first year university exams I felt very out-of-my-depth and realised that a large percentage of the material I didn't understand in the first place and struggled to do even 4 hours on somedays.

Which exams are you studying for and in which subjects?
    I've got A-levels and am studying, Design and technology, Psychology and economics.

I find design and technology the hardest due to the graet deal of chemistry involved in terms of how materials are made, extracted, etc.
    Originally posted by lovin_ur_work
    I've got A-levels and am studying, Design and technology, Psychology and economics.

I find design and technology the hardest due to the graet deal of chemistry involved in terms of how materials are made, extracted, etc.
    Ok. Well I didn't do any of those so I can't think of much helpful to say specifically related to those... but hopefully someone else on here might have.

I took AS economics but left it at that. I think the A2 material is significantly harder though. I guess the way forwards is to try to do practice exam papers as in economics the same general set of concepts comes up year after year- the questions look different but the key points are the same.

My step-sister (who took her A-levels at the same time as me) did Psychology and I remember her having to learn tonnes of case studies. I can imagine that is hard to do though... do they fall under different topics or are they fairly random? I'll ask her how she mannaged it if I see her soon.

I did Chemistry A-level and found that the best way to learn the material was through understanding rather than memory... If you understand the stuff you have to learn you are relying far less on re-call alone. Try to group things together and make links between things as this should make it seem less daunting. Feel free to ask specific chemistry questions to do with your D&T as I know there is at least a couple of chemistry (degree) students on here!

Are you still able to contact your teachers? At my school we were allowed to go in to get extra help from our teachers right up until the exams. It might help to discuss with them both specific queries you have about the material you need to learn as well as some more general advice about how to learn for that subject as every subject is different.