Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Media player help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a problem, after downloading songs and videos through imesh and trying to play them back inside imesh i get an error message telling it it cant be played back because teh computer does not know what the default player is, How can that be when i clearly have Winamp set as the default player.

Any ideas / help welcome ??

Comments

• Options
    No one got any advice then. Damn. :(
  • Options
    Cant you play them using winamp?

If not then just wait till they have downloaded because it may be a bug with imesh unless you can fiddle with the preferences.

And no im not gonna moan about all that piracy crap everyone moans about so your safe.
  • Options
    Its not illegal to download files from places like imesh, it is however illegal to share them :yes:

:p So no one needs to moan
  • Options
    Ah sorry i aint sure what imesh is, probably something like napster i guess.
  • Options
    maybe you need a codec? :S have you tried opening wmp first and then opening the file through it?
  • Options
    Havent tried opening WMP first coz i dont use it, i use winamp, and its set to my default player.

I just want to be able to preview what ive downloaded first within imesh rather than have to wait till its done and play it in another player, Its an intermittent problem so i cant put my finger on what the cause is