Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

exams - screwed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ive just been removed from most of my exams because ive gone down with mumps and my college refuses to allow me onsite to site the exams.

as a result, its now highly unlikely my university will accept me, which means im stuck in college for another year next year :(

this sucks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You will be able to take them later, I would have thought.
  • Options
    won't they take your predicted grades though?
  • Options
    There was a fellow in Upper 6 in my school who was expelled last day of term. As a result he couldn't take his A levels there, he had to go to another school! The school board are a bit funny about that but they should be able to do something to help you out.
    I repeated a year and tis no fun :no:
  • Options
    Re: exams - screwed
    Originally posted by dai fychan
    ive just been removed from most of my exams because ive gone down with mumps and my college refuses to allow me onsite to site the exams.
    Don't they allow you to sit them in isolation? That's what my school used to do.
  • Options
    no, they won't even let me onto the college site, so there is no way i can sit the exams.

the exams board is going to get my teachers to pick 4 students who are on exam level to me, and the board is going to watch them. they are also going to take into account my past grades. so basically, im relying on how well other people do now.

your right though Groovaybaby, at least i can spend time with you down the pub next year :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    won't they take your predicted grades though?
    that's what happend to my friend - she got tonsillitis the day before her music a-level singing exam and they just asked the teacher what she would have got and took that grade.

all the teachers have to send a form off to the exam board with your predicted grades on so if you say get hit by a car then they give you those grades. or at least thats how it works at gcse