Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Parking Ticket

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all :)

Quick question about parking tickets!

Today I got my 1st one :mad: from some dickhead woman who said I wasn't parked in the correct bay! Anyway the dunce went and put the wrong registration number on the ticket so do I still have to pay?

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Probably not.
  • Options
    They wouldn't be able to trace you if they had the wrong reg would they? :confused:
  • Options
    ring them up and say 'that's not my car!' and they could well let you off.

my cousin once got a speeding ticket from somewhere in halifax she'd never even been. so she rang up and complained, and they told her that she had been caught speeding along a road in leeds she uses all the time, but since the ticket had the wrong info on it, they would let her off. :thumb:
  • Options
    I got a parking ticket in Durham once even though I had a ticket on my car. Apparently the on road parking was monitored by Durham City Council but I had bought a ticket from the nearest machine which was a Durham County Council machine and so I hadn't actually paid to park where I was parked. There weren't any signs telling you which machine to use so naturally I used the nearest. It was only £5 though 'cos I paid it on the day but I made a huge fuss in the paying office.