Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Happiness In Magazines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone own (or have downloaded tsk tsk) the new album mentioned above by Graham Coxon, formerly of Blur.

I bought it today. I have listened to it a couple of times, its quite good and there are some really good songs on there. It has been said that it sounds more Blur than Blur, which it could be argued it true, it definatly sounds more like classic Blur than Blur do now. But anyway, does anyone have any opinions. :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I have to say I've only heard the singles off this album so my opinion's a bit limited... I thought the first single was pretty basic and nothing special and the second one to be far too much like Coffee and TV but it's grown on me recently and the lyrics are kinda funny.

I'm in two minds about seeing him play in Belfast this month, would you reccommend it on the strength of the new album?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    I have to say I've only heard the singles off this album so my opinion's a bit limited... I thought the first single was pretty basic and nothing special and the second one to be far too much like Coffee and TV but it's grown on me recently and the lyrics are kinda funny.

I'm in two minds about seeing him play in Belfast this month, would you reccommend it on the strength of the new album?

Well, I am not familiar with any of his other solo work so i cant comment on that. But I think it would be worth it. There are some good songs. Bittersweet bundle of Misery and Bottom Bunk sprong to mind
  • Options
    Yeh I probably will give him a go, really liked the Great Escape era Blur and it's always nice to get out to a gig once in a while.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Yeh I probably will give him a go, really liked the Great Escape era Blur and it's always nice to get out to a gig once in a while.

Yeah that is a good album. I have not seen blur in concert though :(
  • Options
    Have it, like it, although there are a couple of dud songs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    Have it, like it, although there are a couple of dud songs.

Yeah, Im not a fan of Girl Done Gone. But it is mostly good.