Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Clothes shops

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Where do you buy most of your clothing from and why?

Comments

• Options
    Primark for vest tops (it's cheap and they look good on me)
    Topshop for jeans - they do a style that flatters the shape of my thighs
    Topshop for underwear (cheap)
    Debenhams for bras (i like the shape they give me, and most highst chains like topshop don't go up to my size)
  • Options
    Mainly Top Shop, Miss Selfridge, Jane Norman, French Connection and a little one off shop called Fleurt. I buy clothes there because they fit me well and I like their clothes!
  • Options
    I'm as cheap as they come and buy stuff from George @ Asda, New Look and Dorothy Perkins but recently I've had more cash and have been splashing out at NEXT (I know many people won't see this as splashing out, lol!)
  • Options
    i get all my t-shirts for transferring at asda.
    most of my clothes are tk-maxx in all honesty.
    then miss selfridge and topshop etc
  • Options
    primark/asda/tesco for pants, socks, vest tops, plain t-shirts...why pay more?

H&M for general clothes. because they're cheap and my kinda style. especially the kids section, which rocks my shortarse socks off.

ark or WRC in leeds if i'm in need of a treat of the urban type streetwear variety.

tammy for cheap random stuff.

la senza for bras, cause they're the only ones that seem to fit properly.

and i get jeans from abercrombie and fitch off ebay cause they fit me perfectly - i have quite a short body, and most jeans have 3 inches too much crotch. plus if you buy from the US sellers they're a total bargain. my last ones were £15 including international shipping. yes please.

then i get bits and bobs from all over - topshop/miss selfridge/dotty p/dodge corn exchange shops/pop boutique/t k maxx/warehouse/oasis/woolies kids department

and whatever cool stuff they have in the charity shops around and about.

and then i make my own stuff.
  • Options
    TopShop but usually only in the sale - I like their clothes but have a tendency to be broke.

Tesco because I'm often broke but their stuff fits nicely and I really like a lot of it.

Charity shops 'cos you can get lots of cool, unusual stuff :)
  • Options
    the majority of my clothes are from primark. especially underwear and tops. so either primark or new look. im always poor and their clothes fit me nicely :)
  • Options
    I get my clothes from:

Primark
    H&M
    Dothery Perkins
    Top Shop
    New Look
    Mk One
    miss selfridge
    International (sp)
    Bay
    Tk Max

That is it I think.
  • Options
    These are pretty much in order:

Cruise, Ice, Open, Urban Outfitters, Envy, Cecil Gee, House of Fraisers, USC, Debenams, then shops like Topman, Burtons, River Island and verrry occasionally Flip and Cult.

Only reason is I like theire stuff, and you can mix and match it to create different styles (from each other, before any smart arse starts). Also, I don't go for plain jeans, t-shirts etc. and these shops provide alot of alternatives :razz:

Admittedly TK Maxx has some nice stuff, but's a total pain in the arse trawling through aisles of shite to find it so I generally steer clear.
  • Options
    diesel and miss sixty for jeans

then top shop, h&m, miss selfridge, warehouse, zara, oasis (very occasionally), house of frasier. and i really want to go to primark because my friend just bought a yellow ra ra skirt for £6!

if i want an outfit which i have set in my mind i usually trawl every single shop until i find it. but theyre the main ones ^
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    diesel

Shit, forgot Diesel. Them too :razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

Admittedly TK Maxx has some nice stuff, but's a total pain in the arse trawling through aisles of shite to find it so I generally steer clear.
    Agreed!
  • Options
    I hate to spend money on clothes and generally buy the bare minimum. I get a lot of hand-me-downs from my sister which is very good and saves me a fortune. I have a lot of clothes from topshop and new look and dorethy perkins. Charity shops are good too. I think that since starting uni in September have bought one skirt, one shirt, one pair of jeans and one little night dress. In total this cost about £80. But then underwear is a completely different matter. I have spent about £300+ on underwear in the same time frame.
  • Options
    Urban Outfitters,
    :heart:

My jeans are all Levi's, Calvin Kleins, 1 pair of Quiksilver, some Diesel, and Lee make great jeans, though I had to throw both of mine out, as I have worn them out, and they were ripped and ugly (after three and two years of use).

H&M are getting cool again.
    Most of my T-shirts are either dirt-cheap (from supermarkets or unknown brands) or American brands such as Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Donna Karen, Tommy etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    I think that since starting uni in September have bought one skirt, one shirt, one pair of jeans and one little night dress. In total this cost about £80. But then underwear is a completely different matter. I have spent about £300+ on underwear in the same time frame.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick here, but why? Most people are gonna be seeing your clothes and not your underwear, so why spend so little and so much respectively?
  • Options
    I'm the same as Randomgirl. I couldn't spend that much on undies though...I don't have that sort of money but I wouldn't spend £30 on a top (more like £10) but I'll happily spend that amount on a babydoll nightie thing, or for an undies set. Its cos 99% of people I meet don't matter, clotheswise. But the people who see my underwear are special!
    Apart from that I get my stuff from the Argos catalogue, George@ASDA, New Look etc. Not been shopping for ages though..... :(
  • Options
    Generally topshop, but then I like clothes from other shops like oasis and then i like brands like miss sixty and firetrap. oh, and usc if i'm out of town.
  • Options
    Jeans i wear Earl, Mavi and Bench
    Shoes i shop mainly at office and sole trader
    Clothes Frank a shop in cambridge, and topshop and sometimes TkMaxx oh and cult sometimes too. Cheap tops from primark tho.
  • Options
    I'm not trying to sound like a dick here, but why? Most people are gonna be seeing your clothes and not your underwear, so why spend so little and so much respectively?
    Well I buy the expensive underwear for myself not for other people. I don't care that nobody sees it as I know that I'm wearing it. And underwear (for girls) is sooo much more expensive than tops and stuff anyway so it soon adds up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~lil*butterfly~
    I'm the same as Randomgirl. I couldn't spend that much on undies though...I don't have that sort of money but I wouldn't spend £30 on a top (more like £10) but I'll happily spend that amount on a babydoll nightie thing, or for an undies set. Its cos 99% of people I meet don't matter, clotheswise. But the people who see my underwear are special!
    Apart from that I get my stuff from the Argos catalogue, George@ASDA, New Look etc. Not been shopping for ages though..... :(
    Just for the record I am not loaded! I just have a huge student loan (as I got the maximum London loan which is just under £5000 per year) and rarely go out, do not drink alcohol and spend less than £20 a week on food. Hence I have a fair bit of loan left to spend. One day when it comes to paying it back I'm sure I'll regret it!
  • Options
    River Island - I've worked there for two and a half years.
    Also, I pick up a lot of stuff when I'm over in the USA, my favourites being cheap levis, gasoline jeans, MUDD jeans, anything from Gadzooks and L.E.I. jeans. Oh and I LOVE WetSeal and Express Jeans!
    I get most of my shoes from River Island although I LOVE my Rocketdog boots and shoes.
  • Options
    I'm not a great fan of chain stores tbh. most of my clothes come from independent shops; today I bought some new tops from a fair trade shop, which makes me feel like my cash is gonna be put to better use. The clothes they make are lovely and made in India by hand. :)
  • Options
    Camden market, Black rose, Other camden shops... Oasis in Bham.... H&M.... Monsoon.....For underwear - anywhere that sells wonderbra and also agent provocateur...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Top Shop, Primark, All Sports, JD Sports, La Senza, River Island, New Look and local markets.
  • Options
    I dont have a favourite shop, I live cheapie places like primark and peacocks for some things, topshop for knickers. TKmaxx is probably where i get most of my clothes, that and the local bargain crazy store (catalogue returns shop) I generally get bras from marks and spencers though, as not many places stock AA cups :(.
  • Options
    Primark and Peacocks if I've got no money lol.
    I love stuff from Miss Sixty, Animal and Quicksilver so I buy a lot of stuff from those shops.
    For underwear I usually go to Primark or M&S.

Talking of underwear though my friend recently paid £130 for a bra and a thong :eek: :crazyeyes
  • Options
    • Warehouse
    • Jane Norman
    • New look
    • Pilot
    • Top Shop
    • Dorethy Perkins
    • H&M

Plus i go to shops in town which are your teenage girl cheapy shops if you get me :) I shop in the places above cuz all the clothes from there fit me properly!
  • Options
    Originally posted by almost_innocent
    Talking of underwear though my friend recently paid £130 for a bra and a thong :eek: :crazyeyes
    shit, I thought i was being extravagant the other day buying a bra for £19 and the matching pants for a tenner.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I generally get bras from marks and spencers though, as not many places stock AA cups :(.
    Have you tried buying bras here? My mum has bought bras from there as she has had the same problem.

And another thing that's very annoying is that shops who do stock that size tend to do so in their less sexy ranges like those aimed at young teens, not foxy ladies!
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    shit, I thought i was being extravagant the other day buying a bra for £19 and the matching pants for a tenner.
    Why is it that as soon as pants "match" anything they become at least three times more expensive?