Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

E45 cream

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone use it, ive tried it for very short periods on and off but i wanted to know if anyone has used it for long spells and actually seen a differance, if so im gunna try it for a few months coz my skin on my hands is always flakiy and doesnt look nice.

Thanks .

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    :thumb: Its great for dry skin! I'd use it if I were you!

You reckon, i might just do so then, co zi want rid of this dry skin
    I just checked to see if you were eligible for free prescriptions but you're too old.

I would recommend this stuff called Oilatum. It is a little bit more expensive but the bath emollient will help with all over skin dryness. Same goes for Cetreban.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If I understood correctly what the problem is, I get the same thing in winter. I just use some neutrogena hand cream when I see it's bad and it makes it better.
    E45 is brilliant for dry skin, works really quickly. So use it!
    Yeah it is really good for dry skin, well recomend it :)
    Also, whilst i remember. Whenever i make up in the morning the skin on my face is well Literally all flaky as well, is there some type of cream i could apply in the morning before heading off to work that would help with this. Probably the same stuff as previously mentioned ??
    My mom and dad use Eucerin-try their website for a free sample, I got my mom and dad one so they can use it on hol! Not sure the site as it was sent as a link to me but i am sure you can google it!

E45 always works for me but I have oily skin and only use it when I have a cold and get a sore dry lip and nose!

Hope you find something that suits you!
    Originally posted by Richeh
    Also, whilst i remember. Whenever i make up in the morning the skin on my face is well Literally all flaky as well, is there some type of cream i could apply in the morning before heading off to work that would help with this. Probably the same stuff as previously mentioned ??

In Boots there are loads of different types of 'Night cream' that you can get. You put it on every night before you go to bed, they tend to be a lot greasier so moisturise your skin a lot better. I've got this one that was about £8 or 9 but works really well.
    Originally posted by Faith
    In Boots there are loads of different types of 'Night cream' that you can get. You put it on every night before you go to bed, they tend to be a lot greasier so moisturise your skin a lot better. I've got this one that was about £8 or 9 but works really well.

Thanks for that. I forgot about boots, they;ve been helpful in the past with stuff, i'll pop by and ask some advice.
    Originally posted by Richeh
    Thanks for that. I forgot about boots, they;ve been helpful in the past with stuff, i'll pop by and ask some advice.

Yeah just go in and ask what types of cream would be best for you I've always found them really helpful :)