Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

chest pains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
don't think it was that important or anything, because it's been fine since, but I'm just curious as to what it was/why it happened..

Yesterday evening, about 1ish or something, just as I was getting ready to go to bed, my chest suddenly felt tight and like someone had stabbed me or was twisting or something on the left hand side, but this only lasted a couple of seconds and then my heart started beating really quickly and was thumping in my head/ears (if that makes any sense?) loudly, but it didnt last very long i dont think and it was different to chest pains in the past mainly because it was short and painful and in one place only.
today it's been hard to breathe and im getting tired quickly but i think that's because i have a cold and feel ill more than anything else.
could this have happened because of the cold? hmm..
any help appriciated as you can probably tell that i dont have a clue!!

Comments

• Options
    i get this quite a lot.
    generally its if i havent eatten all day but have had copius amounts of caffine or sugar seen as that's all i consume some days.
    its just like heartburn i've found, take some gaviscon or something.

i also get if if i eat foods like cheese on toast after not eatting.
  • Options
    ahhhh i see! :D good.
    that would make sense seeing as i like caffeine and sugar, and i cant remember what i digested that day but it was probably mainly that.. thanks. :)
  • Options
    It could be heartburn as others have said. It might also be muscular pain. My dad gets muscular pain in the chest area and because his father has a history of heart attacks/angina etc he is always rushed from work to A&E just to be safe... but he's fine.

If it continues to happen make an appointment with your GP for some simple tests like blood tests and an ECG.