Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Scotland!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just wondering where's the best places to go in scotland...?

Me and a few friends are planning on going up there for a weekend/few days... can anyone give me any good places to stay/go out/ etc...???

Thanx... sarah xxxxxxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    download festie :yes:
    Originally posted by luby
    I don't really think that would be her thing... call me presumptous though!
    Originally posted by luby

PLEAAASEEE explain!!!???
    Glasgow :yes:
    Edinburgh. It's got the castle, the palace, dynamic earth, botanic gardens, britannia, museum of childhood, museum of scotland, tons of art galleries and the asylum that Robert Ferguson died in.
    Originally posted by _Hermione_
    PLEAAASEEE explain!!!???

download festival: slipknot (noooo), korn, metalica, and a few other bands are playing, but i don't think it really your thing
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Infinite
    Edinburgh. It's got the castle, the palace, dynamic earth, botanic gardens, britannia, museum of childhood, museum of scotland, tons of art galleries and the asylum that Robert Ferguson died in.

agreed. really good place to visit. also, visit closer to september. the festival is ace :D
    "The problem with Scotland is that its full of Scots!" ;)

Check out: http://www.visitscotland.com/

That should give you some ideas :)
    where i live its sooooooooo cool

not its boring but if scenery is your thing its ok i spose

nice beaches though :D
    :yes: Edinburgh is really cool.

We haven't got a castle :/ we have the People's Palace though! We have a great Botanic Gardens, Museum of Transport and the Srt Galleries and Rennie McIntosh shit.

But she's gonna be here for the clubbing, not a day trip :p
    Glasgow! Obviously.

http://search.ivillage.co.uk/search/ivillageuk?restrict=iVillage_UK&filter=p&q=Glasgow

See? Even I-Village says you should shimmy on up here. :)

Ignore Luby with the Download thing. It's going to be full of the wee nyaffs that hang around the GOMA [Gallery Of Modern Art: Skaters, Moshers, Grungers, Goths, aka greasy-haired-baggy-clothes-wearing-boistrous-teenagers-tho-often-feel-the-need-to-cause-unessecary-scenes-about-being-individual-when-really-they-are-looking-like-complete-fuckwits often hang around here.]

Sorry about the overuse of the dash. ;( Plus, it's over at Trongate. Since I work there, that's not a good idea AT ALL. Too many stories to tell about fish, toenails, nose-goo and pervy men.
    Edinburgh is good, quite a bit to do around there

And i Don't think Download would be her kind of thing (me i'm Headed for Donnington :D)
    Edinburgh or Stirling.

Places to avoid like the plague unless you want your head kicked in - Hamilton, Greenock, Fife, Dundee, Motherwell, Glasgow, Cumbernauld,

And don't even fucking think about going to Aviemore or the Borders unless you want to lose the will to live through boredom.

Scotland isn't as great as it's made out to be, tbh.
    Originally posted by 1983
    Glasgow! Obviously.

http://search.ivillage.co.uk/search/ivillageuk?restrict=iVillage_UK&filter=p&q=Glasgow

See? Even I-Village says you should shimmy on up here. :)

Ignore Luby with the Download thing. It's going to be full of the wee nyaffs that hang around the GOMA [Gallery Of Modern Art: Skaters, Moshers, Grungers, Goths, aka greasy-haired-baggy-clothes-wearing-boistrous-teenagers-tho-often-feel-the-need-to-cause-unessecary-scenes-about-being-individual-when-really-they-are-looking-like-complete-fuckwits often hang around here.]

Sorry about the overuse of the dash. ;( Plus, it's over at Trongate. Since I work there, that's not a good idea AT ALL. Too many stories to tell about fish, toenails, nose-goo and pervy men.

Don't worry Becks, she knows about the Trongate :yes: So how is your job btw? was in there a while ago is shitteh!
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Don't worry Becks, she knows about the Trongate :yes: So how is your job btw? was in there a while ago is shitteh!

INNIT! Everyone who dons a blue haired perm, or khaki coloured Farahs with Dr. Keller shoes rant about the place.

I hate my job. It's a fucking wanky place; I've lost my love for the customers. I don't want to hear about how you're buying this for your son, but are unsure about how it might not fit since he's got a hernia operation and 9 mouths to feed since he found out his dog has 3 days to live, thanks. And you complain about the queue, yet have no money ready so you add around 30 more seconds to your wait, whilst you get your ten pence pieces for a £13.99 top, you moany old BIATCH.

[/rant]
    Aviemore was great when I was a kid but now it's so desolate and depressing. Nothing there anymore.
    INNIT! Everyone who dons a blue haired perm, or khaki coloured Farahs with Dr. Keller shoes rant about the place.

I hate my job. It's a fucking wanky place; I've lost my love for the customers. I don't want to hear about how you're buying this for your son, but are unsure about how it might not fit since he's got a hernia operation and 9 mouths to feed since he found out his dog has 3 days to live, thanks. And you complain about the queue, yet have no money ready so you add around 30 more seconds to your wait, whilst you get your ten pence pieces for a £13.99 top, you moany old BIATCH.

[/rant]

Ahhh. Do you still have the watches on sale? I got my mum one of those ages ago! :lol:

So basically, it's boring as fuck.

Tbh it depends where abouts in Scotland you're going. It's a big place ya'know. Though if you're going anywhere other than Glasgow or Edinburgh, prepare to be bored outta your mind.

Let us know where abouts you're going exactly so we can actually help you out :razz:
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Ahhh. Do you still have the watches on sale? I got my mum one of those ages ago! :lol:

The £7.99 ones? They're SO naff :p You cheapskate!! ;) Yeah, we have them still. Old stock does well to circulate in work for like, evaaaaR!
    The £7.99 ones? They're SO naff :p You cheapskate!! ;) Yeah, we have them still. Old stock does well to circulate in work for like, evaaaaR!

Hahaha I think she still has it too! must say, T K Maxx saved my bacon that day ;)
    Tch! I don't work there! I work at ******.

:/ sorry ********. Well they are similar! with the cheapiness and stuff.

:p to Becky
    Kk, well you have to delete that now, cause I don't fancy everyone coming to stalk me in the only ******** in Scotland. :thumb:

Will do :thumb:

PS. Another :p to Becky ;)
    kk, you still need to star out all the other **s. :\

ETA - Tada!

:p
    kk, you still need to star out all the other **s. :\

:razz: your turn ;)
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    So basically, it's boring as fuck.

Tbh it depends where abouts in Scotland you're going. It's a big place ya'know. Though if you're going anywhere other than Glasgow or Edinburgh, prepare to be bored outta your mind.

Let us know where abouts you're going exactly so we can actually help you out :razz:

Me and the girls are wanting more of a clubbing type few days...maybe a bit of shopping,..girly things really!!
    Me and the girls are wanting more of a clubbing type few days...maybe a bit of shopping,..girly things really!!

Glasgow it is then. Great bars, great clubs, great shops.

Aye, that attitude pisses me off.

When it comes to arrogant English people, we're never from Edinburgh, or Aberdeen or Glasgow, it's always "You're from Scotland"

Ignorant fuckers.
    Glasgow it is then. Great bars, great clubs, great shops.

:> i'll let them know when i meet them during the week:)

anyone wanna show us girlys around when we go??;)

anyone wanna show us girlys around when we go??;)

Nope.