Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

yet another relationship problem!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys its me again! well things between me and my girlfriend arent too great. things just arent the same any more. i dont know what to say to her on the phone and she doesnt seem that keen to see me any more. i just feel neglected. i hope this doesnt go on like this but if it does we might have to break up. ill leave it till after exams and we might get on better after that, stress and stuff. we might just click again. so i dont wanna give up on us. just doesnt feel as good as it used too. she doesnt seem as keen on me anymore, thats what i sense. im just so confused!

Comments

• Options
    chris, how often do you get to see her? are things okay when ur together?
  • Options
    that's what it's like for me and my boyfriend right now. we don't see eachother as much as we used to, when we talk on the phone we don't know what to say to eachother anymore... he doesn't seem excited to see me anymore (i always have to invite myself over)...

um, all i can say is you might want to talk to your gf. i'm getting the courage to do this w/ my bf... just ask her if she feels the relationship is deteriorating, and say maybe you both should put a little more effort into it.
  • Options
    Don't stop ringign her coz then i'll be worse in the end!!!

I don't know much bout you...if you have exams try cooling it ....saying do you mind if i don't ring you coz i need to get some revision done... but be nice and try not to make it sound like a fob off!!! or alternatively do revision together!!

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT REVISIONS ON THE MIND!!
  • Options
    Im seeing her tomorrow. were revising. i have been taking to her quite alot on the phone really, even though i speak shit, she doesnt mind listening and never says, i have to go. i have to make up an excuse cause i realise im probably making a complete arse out of myself. so its not all bad. i just get paranoid about this kinda stuff cause she is great and i dont wanna lose her. i feel she aint putting in enough effort into it. but ill see. when we are together we get on fine. no worries
  • Options
    that's my point. if things are okay when you're together, then things are probably okay. maybe sometimes she's just not as affectionate over the phone or internet as she is in person.

but what you say about her not putting in enough effort? that is a really bad thing if its true because relationships are a two way thing. that's where u need to tell her very early that you think things are a little funny. if you let her know what you expect from her in terms of the relationship, she might give you the response you're looking for.

good luck dude.

• Options
    Originally posted by chrishot4u:
    i dont wanna give up on us. just doesnt feel as good as it used too. she doesnt seem as keen on me anymore, thats what i sense. im just so confused!

almost every couple goes through times of feeling like this, no matter how perfect they look theres always a time when nothing seems to be going right. Me and my b/f have just got over one of these phases about 1 mnth ago.

From experience, ive learnt that the best thing to do is to see your g/f (in person-its never the same on the phone), and explain that you dont want to loose them, but you can see things aren't the same between you.

She does love you and does mean to show you that, its just sometimes its hard for some people to work around problems.

Just keep trying and keep talking and trying to sort it out, dont avoid the issue, and i hope everything works out for you xx