Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

all you queer folk are to blame ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
for obesity.
norman tebbit says so ...
are the tories from another fucking planet then or what?
...and some of you want to vote for these people!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    When did he say this?

Shouldn't people take respsonsiblity for being fat?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    When did he say this?

Shouldn't people take respsonsiblity for being fat?:rolleyes:
    the other day he said ...because the labour party are promoting buggary the family no longer sit down together and eat propperly ...so that's why there is an explosion in obesity.
    figure it out for yourself ...if you can.
  • Options
    This looks remarkably like your post in "anything goes" lol:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by solid_L
    This looks remarkably like your post in "anything goes" lol:lol:
    i'm a man on a mission ...to warn the good people of this green and pleasnt land ...the tories are back and as fucking mad as ever!
  • Options
    morrocan roll
    i'm a man on a mission ...to warn the good people of this green and pleasnt land ...the tories are back and as fucking mad as ever!

If i want a party political broadcast I'll watch one on TV, or I'll read a pamphlet that comes through the dooe or I'll talk to one of those clowns at the tube.....

It might be green and pleasnt where you are but it's not round here, maybe even less so than in 1997
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    morrocan roll

If i want a party political broadcast I'll watch one on TV, or I'll read a pamphlet that comes through the dooe or I'll talk to one of those clowns at the tube.....
    Yep, I'm always waiting by the dooe for some pamphlets.
  • Options
    Now I`m no fan of Norman Tebbit. Not by a long chalk. But this is a misinterpretation, I think. What he actually said was; -

"Families now so seldom eat together. They don`t prepare meals properly. Wives are pressured into thinking they ought to go to work instead of looking after children. And it is the breakdown of family that is at the root of it.

[...]

We not only have an epidemic of obesity, we have a huge problem of AIDS and the Government`s attitude is to do all it can to promote buggery. Maybe those two are somewhat intimately connected."

Not that that's much less barking as he appears to be suggesting that AIDS is a "gay plague" when obviously it's not.
  • Options
    He was refering to the fact that people do not have regular meal times and that people simply "graze" in this country when it comes to food. They eat fast food rubbish and chocolate etc when they feel remotly hungry.

He spoke of the comparission of the UK with other European countries such as France and Italy when families still do sit down toegether for meals.

Do you not think it is hugely out of context turning what he did say into an attack on homosexuality? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocksteady

Do you not think it is hugely out of context turning what he did say into an attack on homosexuality? :rolleyes:

Who, me?
  • Options
    The tory party are clueless as ever. End off.

I may have been hearing things but I swear they tried to take responsibility for the right to join a trade union in their PEB on Friday... were they not there when Thatcher was in power?!?!
  • Options

It could be construed that way though. Politicians should be careful with what they say, Bush with his 'stupid and simple' way of putting things implied once that the Iraq war was a Christian crusade against Islam. You have to remember that a whole nation and more hears what they say, and not everyone will take it in the same way they will.
  • Options

He spoke of the comparission of the UK with other European countries such as France and Italy when families still do sit down toegether for meals.

funny that ...look at those europeans who still sit down together as a family ...no drunken violence or obesity there but he hates all things european!
    in his ramble about obesity he used the word buggary twice and blamed the labour party for promoting it.
  • Options
    To me linking AIDS and buggery is a strong suggestion that AIDS is a homosexual disease.

But 60% of people in Britain who contract HIV are straight.

He comes across as very simple and ignorant and out of touch with reality.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    in his ramble about obesity he used the word buggary twice and blamed the labour party for promoting it.

There is a splendid moment in The Best of Have I Got News for You in which a member of the House of Lords remarks

"At the turn of the century [i.e. c. 1900] the Church of England was pro-fox hunting and anti-buggery, and now it's pro-buggery and anti-fox hunting."

How times change... :-)
  • Options
    Anybody fancy telling me the defination of Buggary - perhaps you care to look it up in the dictionary to accutually find it is not a word.

Also morrocan can you explain how he hates all things European?

From my knowelege it was only the European governmental arrangements the Tories were opposed to and not the European culture, traditions, lifestyle, food and family values, am I wrong? From what I know the UK is a part of Europe, do they hate all things British along with this hatrid of French bred, Irish TV and Italian Pizza?

Im still strugging to work out how their praise of European family values relates in any way to what you believe to be anti - homosexuality!
    Is it because homosexuals cannot have a family?
    If so perhaps you advoate the banning of any talk of family to ensure we do not offend homosexuals in a joyful PC world!?
  • Options
    Perhaps if you spelled it correctly you might have found it in the dictionary...

Definition: \Bug"ger*y\, n. [OF. bougrerie, bogrerie, heresy. See
    {Bugger}.]
    Unnatural sexual intercourse; sodomy.
  • Options
    Was just copying what was written by morrocan.

Do you not think the accecptance of homosexuality has had an impact on what people perceive the role of the family and values associated?
  • Options
    No I don't. Heterosexuals are heterosexuals and homosexuals are homosexuals. My views on family are based on my experience and my preferences, not by what someone else chooses to do with their private life.

Try tolerance, it does more to enhance peaceful society than getting high and mighty about the preferences of others.
  • Options
    Oh good grief. The only link is that he was talking about EPIDEMICS as in epidemic obesity and the AIDS epidemic.
  • Options
    Might he been have been talking of hetrosexual sodomy!?
  • Options
    Might he been have been talking of hetrosexual sodomy!?
    he was queer bashing as usual.
  • Options
    Do you not think the accecptance of homosexuality has had an impact on what people perceive the role of the family and values associated?

No. Do you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    No. Do you?
    me niether blag. i aint gay ...quite a few of my near nieghbours are and the pleasnat surprise for rural wales is they are very well accepted in the local comunity ...the shops pubs etc.
    has it effected my family life/values? no ...why should it ...how could it?
  • Options
    Norman Tebbit is a waste of breathing air.
  • Options
    The only link is that he was talking about EPIDEMICS as in epidemic obesity and the AIDS epidemic.

Haha how can something become so out of context?? I wonder....

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    The only link is that he was talking about EPIDEMICS as in epidemic obesity and the AIDS epidemic.

Haha how can something become so out of context?? I wonder....

:rolleyes:
    i hope your not saying i took it out of context ...
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    I think he's right, I know I can never sit down to a proper meal after a good sesion of buggery.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I think he's right, I know I can never sit down to a proper meal after a good sesion of buggery.
    yuk! i'll have to go and eat half a dozen burgers now ...
  • Options
    Sorry, but the idea of the government 'promoting buggery' a phrase which he used if I am not mistaken is just so stupid it doesnt really deserve a proper response.