Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So tell me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im being deadly serious. Not interested in stupid arguementative replies etc.

This will hopefully lead somewhere if i get the right responce here. If not i'll look a right arse but nothing new there :D

This site is all about giving out helpful advice yes ?

Comments

• Options
    Don't ask a stupid question if you don't want a stupid answer :p:p

Yes, it is about giving out helpful advice...why do you ask?
  • Options
    advice?

nah theyre about random ranting; mis-typings and silly sayings.
  • Options
    Well i'll cut to the chase, coz im too bloody tired to piss around.

This site is about getting helpful advice, to which every single user of this board knows .

So why is it the members, and we're talking about the same old people here Feel the need to " Flame" others, or "newbies" for little mistakes. Wh ynot be polite about it, it snot hard, if you can type out a reply to something your not even bloody forced to reply to, then im sure you could arrange your words to make it sound like your getting your point across in a friendly way, I reckon it would get thru a lot quicker also.

So yeh im tired, fed up of coming on here for help and advice, which i have found, we all have at some point and evetually finding oen arguement or another or one case of bitching also. Other members and mods have said countless times the rules about if you dislike a thread, you all know it.

Stuff this im gunna stop here. Im i were an investor of this - www.thesite.org - and i checked the boards i'd be seriously worried about the amount of people who "attack" others for having their own opinions etc.

Give it a rest for gods sake it probably stops a fair few from evening bothering to register and ask for help because they have seen what goes on.

Why take it so seriously.

Now i'll shut up, No doubt a flood of flaming and the liek will follow or you wont agree with me, i know some might agree with me. Whatever ive said my piece now.

Good day to you :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh

This site is about getting helpful advice, to which every single user of this board knows .

So why is it the members, and we're talking about the same old people here Feel the need to " Flame" others, or "newbies" for little mistakes. Wh ynot be polite about it, it snot hard, if you can type out a reply to something your not even bloody forced to reply to, then im sure you could arrange your words to make it sound like your getting your point across in a friendly way, I reckon it would get thru a lot quicker also.

So yeh im tired, fed up of coming on here for help and advice, which i have found, we all have at some point and evetually finding oen arguement or another or one case of bitching also. Other members and mods have said countless times the rules about if you dislike a thread, you all know it.

Stuff this im gunna stop here. Im i were an investor of this - www.thesite.org - and i checked the boards i'd be seriously worried about the amount of people who "attack" others for having their own opinions etc.

Give it a rest for gods sake it probably stops a fair few from evening bothering to register and ask for help because they have seen what goes on.

I agree. :yes: :thumb:

But not every message board can be perfect. :(
  • Options
    I agree with you hun -

But if the pricks who flame others for such petty reasons, don't do what they think they're best at... well, I mean, what use would they be after that??

They know if they don't rant on people, especially the newbies about pointless things, they will simply just slowly disappear :D
  • Options
    I agree.
  • Options

Now i'll shut up, No doubt a flood of flaming and the liek will follow or you wont agree with me, i know some might agree with me. Whatever ive said my piece now.

Good day to you :D
    stop having a go at people right now! theres too much of this going on in here already.
  • Options
    I agree totally, however people lose sight of the purpose of these boards. You won't find many topics asking for help, as people just use them to talk about general shit. People who sign up and ask questions learn the hard way like everyone else did. Theres nothing more satisfying then slapping the size 4 font on and telling a n00b to do a search or to word process their post. Why give people a sense of individuality and let them start their own thread when you can use the space for shitty threads about nothing in particular?
  • Options
    its the same old same old
    this has been said a million and two times, yes every single user knows thesite is here for advice and support but im almost certain that all the new user guides instruct on things like text talk and plain retardedness.Older members see it time and time again and it starts to piss them off, most of the time the ones who moan and bitch are the ones who give some of the best input into this place.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    I agree totally, however people lose sight of the purpose of these boards. You won't find many topics asking for help, as people just use them to talk about general shit. People who sign up and ask questions learn the hard way like everyone else did. Theres nothing more satisfying then slapping the size 4 font on and telling a n00b to do a search or to word process their post. Why give people a sense of individuality and let them start their own thread when you can use the space for shitty threads about nothing in particular?
    every post i make is to discourage recreational drug use ...
  • Options
    its a discussion board.
    people discuss things.

unless you haven't noticed, not everyone in the world is happy all the time. some people are cynical, some like to have a laugh and piss about, others are really depressed.

so until you can make a world where everyone is helpful and nice and kind, there will always be people that piss other people off, even about the little things.
    and you know what? they're the one's who make this world interesting.
  • Options
    and you know what. This is as you said a discussion board, that doesnt mean that people can come on here and slag others or be bitchy or rude or anything. There is in most cases just no need for the majority of flaming and stuff that goes on. Its very sad and pathetic that people waste their time coming on here and typing up a reply to something like that it really is.
  • Options
    so why bitch about the people who bitch?

for christs sake, if i bitch about people in real life, why should i change on here just because i'm not talking to the person face to face?
  • Options
    and you know what. This is as you said a discussion board, that doesnt mean that people can come on here and slag others or be bitchy or rude or anything. There is in most cases just no need for the majority of flaming and stuff that goes on. Its very sad and pathetic that people waste their time coming on here and typing up a reply to something like that it really is.
    welcome to ...your guide to the real world ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    so why bitch about the people who bitch?

for christs sake, if i bitch about people in real life, why should i change on here just because i'm not talking to the person face to face?

Has Jools forgotten to return your lawn-mower again? Relax yourself.
  • Options
    Well thats all very well but my point is that this site is for help / advice not for people to come over all bitchy. Possibly the odd bitchy remark where warranted but not as often as its happening just now. Its getting boring and is spoiling this board in my opinion.

Im not trying to start an arguement, im trying to point out that theres no need for it.

And to be honest :

By all rights bitch in real life but dont bring it to a place where people seek advice.

I do have to agree with another point also ;
    Capacity : I agree totally, however people lose sight of the purpose of these boards.
    in general they totally have. A lot of the posts now have nothing to do with help/advice but rather just peoples on things like which music type is best, or when did u lose ur virginity. Again its overdoing it, the odd irrelavent thread sure but not every single day. Again thats just my opinion

~ Edited to say - It wont change either pointless threads and opinion threads will always be around, and im not saying theres anythign wrong with that before anyone starts! ~
  • Options
    Hmm. That sort of stuff which you speak of Richeh is within my boundaries. Sometimes I do wander things like what someones opinion is on a song or the craziest place they've had sexcks. Sometimes I am even willing to learn something from listening to one of someones life stories. On the other hand, threads about ants, pubs, stupid fuckers finally leaving the board etc can really irritate me. So I agree with you there.

Some people will argue against this as much as possible while failing to remember that people do need help and it is hard to get it.

By providing a place like this it makes it that little bit easier. By destroying the attempts of every retarded n00b who enters it chips away at the easiness.

See what lager does to me?
  • Options
    from what i've seen people usualy get advice and help when thats what they come for. but ...if that was all it was for it would be very boring and die.
    what kind of serious help and advice could you expect to get in entrtainment!
    i'm sure for most people it's a fun place to come to and make on line freinds. have a laugh and a joke and when things are going wrong they ask advice from people they feel comfortable with.
    some of the problems that have appeared have been blatant piss talkes but some of you fall for it.
    should the place be like the samaritans then ...
  • Options
    ...and another thing ...any thread at all can become interesting.
    you make a post called ants and what is going to happen? no one knows but it is never about ants.
    threads take on a life of their own. they change. they mutate. they get people talking arguing fighting laughing despairign.
    all threads are valid.
    you might not like some of them ...so ignore them.
    or are there realy people in here who expect to find every thread and every comment helpful, informative, educastional, caring ...
  • Options
    The general chit chat threads are just something that happens inbetween the advice threads. It'd be a boring place if nobody said anything until someone came along. Nobody would hang around waiting, and then there would be nobody around to give advice.
  • Options
    i think the mods have it all in hand ...but here we go again ...another griping thread. your todaft ...your to nasty ...your this that and the other but not good enogh. thse threads come and go ...
    place seems to be working fine ...
  • Options
    This site is about giving out the real truth.

Not some talk to frank bullshit, check out the drugs board.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

you make a post called ants and what is going to happen? no one knows but it is never about ants.

You make a post called 'HELP! - Considering Divorce', and you will get a similar effect for the simple reason that people extend the idea of a help site.

I don't really have a great problem with it. But I forgot what I was going to say. Damn lager.
  • Options
    Has Jools forgotten to return your lawn-mower again? Relax yourself.
    that lawerence from changing rooms nicked it. he lives round the corner dontcha know
  • Options
    Yeah but come on they talk funny with their txt speak. some of them deserve it.
  • Options
    that lawerence from changing rooms nicked it. he lives round the corner dontcha know

Are there any regular common scum who live by you or do they all work on TV?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    This site is about giving out the real truth.

yes it is. and sometimes the truth hurts.
  • Options
    Are there any regular common scum who live by you or do they all work on TV?
    nah, we dont have plebs round here. they dirty up the streets ;)
  • Options
    nah, we dont have plebs round here. they dirty up the streets ;)
    Pleb. classic!
    I will make it my mission to insult at least three people with that word today.
  • Options
    Sorry, but I've no idea why people take the moral high ground over bitching.

That's just it.