Home Sex & Relationships
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Old Friend that I haven't seen in ages

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK I was really close to this girl at school and we were best mates and then we both went to college and she got her own flat and we have drifted apart. That was nearly a year ago now I would really like to get in touch with her but i am scared that she doesn't want to see me or something. I have lost her mobile number and I was thinking about going to her flat and seeing her, but do you think that is a good idea? If she wasn't in I was also thinking of writing her a letter but I amn't sure. I really don't know what I should do. :confused:

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It os obvious you want to or you wouldn't even be thinking about it. Just remember though that you drifted apart for a reason. However, I don't think that is any reason why you can't get in touch - it might help you remember the reasons you're no longer such close friends!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know I want to but I am questioning if it is a good reason or not. This morning I found some letters that she wrote to me (you know the letters that you send each other at school about who you fancy etc) Anyway it made me realise how much I miss her and how much I miss our chats and things.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    I know I want to but I am questioning if it is a good reason or not. This morning I found some letters that she wrote to me (you know the letters that you send each other at school about who you fancy etc) Anyway it made me realise how much I miss her and how much I miss our chats and things.

    But don't you think there is a reason you didn't keep in touch. I often think about what the people I went to school with are doing now and sometimes I consider contacting them, but then I hear through a friend of a friend that they're nothing like they were and I know neither am I.

    Like I said though, getting back in touch might rekindle your friendship or allow you to let go. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We drifted apart because of going off to college and things. i was thinking if I did get in touch and it didn't work out then I would leave it. Do you get what I mean? (sorry I amn't very good at explaining things)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    We drifted apart because of going off to college and things. i was thinking if I did get in touch and it didn't work out then I would leave it. Do you get what I mean? (sorry I amn't very good at explaining things)

    Well there you go! Surely it is worth a try, I mean I've given you reasons not to and you still want to, so go for it!

    Personally I think if you were destined to be friends forever then going to college wouldn't cause a drift, but I've known a few people who've rekindled old friendships and I hope it works for you too. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why don't you pop a quick note through her door with your mobile number on it, asking her to go for a drink to catch up on things? The worst she can say is no, or not reply and then at least you have got your closure.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Joolyknockers
    Why don't you pop a quick note through her door with your mobile number on it, asking her to go for a drink to catch up on things? The worst she can say is no, or not reply and then at least you have got your closure.

    That what I was thinking of doing if she wasn't in her flat when I went round.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Old Friend that I haven't seen in ages
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    OK I was really close to this girl at school and we were best mates and then we both went to college and she got her own flat and we have drifted apart. That was nearly a year ago now I would really like to get in touch with her but i am scared that she doesn't want to see me or something. I have lost her mobile number and I was thinking about going to her flat and seeing her, but do you think that is a good idea? If she wasn't in I was also thinking of writing her a letter but I amn't sure. I really don't know what I should do. :confused:


    I lost touch with a friend I'd known since I was 5, we'd been int he same class at school and then went to the sae college until we went to different Uni's at 18. Then didn't see him or hear from him in maybe 6 years or so. And we still lived in the same town

    Then one of our Mutal friends got married and we were both invited as guests at the wedding and we resumed our friendship. We chat on MSN quite a bit and maybe seen each other in person a few times a month but it's still good to keep intouch.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aww that is good then. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.