Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Quick question about trains..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When they're doing some work/repairs on the main line, do they provide coaches instead? Or is that it, you're completely disconnected?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah they usually put coaches on, i've used them a couple of times
    Also they never ask for your ticket when you get on the coaches, so get on the coach as far as you can then just buy a ticket for the rest of the journey.

Also if there are no coachs on, but you have bought a ticket for a journey, then they are obliged to get you to your destination, i know someone who got a taxi from hull because the train there were supposed to be on wasn't running, and the rail company paid for it (some £25 in all!!! all for a £6 rail ticket lol)
    Re: Quick question about trains..
    Originally posted by z0ma
    When they're doing some work/repairs on the main line, do they provide coaches instead? Or is that it, you're completely disconnected?
    what you want fuckin helcipters.
    what you want fuckin helcipters.

I want a Helcipter as well, if not a helecopter will do :):P
    Originally posted by Stinger
    yeah they usually put coaches on, i've used them a couple of times
    Also they never ask for your ticket when you get on the coaches, so get on the coach as far as you can then just buy a ticket for the rest of the journey.

Also if there are no coachs on, but you have bought a ticket for a journey, then they are obliged to get you to your destination, i know someone who got a taxi from hull because the train there were supposed to be on wasn't running, and the rail company paid for it (some £25 in all!!! all for a £6 rail ticket lol)

That's slightly more reassuring.

Would they still be obliged to do so if the local news had (apparently) done a big article on it? Wouldn't mind a taxi there and back! :D

And I'd actually prefer a helicopter over a helcipter or a helecopter. :p
    yep, regardless of the coverage
    If you have a train ticket to somewhere, then you have a contract with the rail company that operates on that route, and they HAVE to get you to your destination
    i'm off to te land of nod in my wollychiptr.
    well i hope you made it.
    it's bank holiday weekend ...the roads and rails are going to be seriously heaving and what do they do? the biggest shut down of railwaylines in over 40 years! who the fuck makes these insane decisions?
    supplying you with a bus as an alterernative is all well and good but ...the ammount of lines they have shut down this weekend will mean hundreds/thousands of extra coaches and cars on the roads on a hot banjk hildy weekend ...the world is being run by fucking aliens who are determined to bring our country to a halt ...or has alquida taken over the railnewok now?
    good night and gid blo ...b goodnight and godbless ...
    I do hope your not planning on derailing a train, so they drop you off at the front door zOma?
    now theres a plan!! no more getting to Uni late cause of the trains lol