Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How many people have you shagged?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Alright people...
The numbers game!

Right, cut a long story short... I met a girl last weekend and we slept together... as you do...

She asked me how many people ive been with
Now, this is the gods honest truth, I dont actually know. I stopped counting after 4 cos i didnt really see the point of knowing your numbers.
That was 5 years ago and i think ive probly shagged about 35-45 people... when i count em up i get to about 35 and forget who else there is, then ill remember people i forgot to put in the list.. so i guess its abou 38....Im 23 by the way

Oh and before anyone asks, i have had lots of checks at the clinic, i go once every 6 months

Now girlies, would you say thats alot?
Would you be put off by it!?
Would you think more of the bloke cos he's actually being honest with you!? (thats what i try and tell myself!!)
or... would you rather the bloke lied so you think he's not a slag!

One of my friend has been with about 120 girls who he can reel off, now thats alot in my book!!

Oh, leave your numbers if you want! we all wanna know!

tom

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    no it wouldnt put me off, I know my husband slept around a lot in his youth, doesnt really bother me. hes a good looking lad, what dya expect. As long as he doesnt anymore that what I care about and as long as hes free from infections.
    Ive slept with 12. Not too high a number but they do say if a woman has slept with more than 3 they should lie :|
    dont know why.
  • Options
    Cheers for the replies...

Rainbow Brite - Thats the attitude I like!! : )

I dont think im a male slag really, ive slept with what seems like alot, but when you break it down over 5 years its only about 7/8 people a year...

Ive never cheated on any of my girlfriends either, most of my 'conquests' have been people ive met on weekends out etc etc, and most of those i still speak to

PussyKatty - I dont think id wanna lie about it really... I dont see the issue really i suppose... I know down the line i would tell a girl if im serious about her, and then id get called a wanker for lying!! hehe!

If a girl were to say to me that she'd slept with say 20 lads, i wouldnt see it as a problem, in fact (sorry if this offends anyone) id think she must be doing something right and id probably enjoy sex with her more as she'd be a little more experienced??
    Jus my 2 cents!!
  • Options
    Just one!
  • Options
    Nosey aint ya?? :p
  • Options
    I've slept with eight or nine people, and about four sheep :eek:

It wouldn't put me off if my partner had XYZ amount of sexual partners, but if he/she constantly had what I view meaningless sex (fuck buddies, constant string of one night stands) then I'd probably worry and be insecure about it.

Everybody's different though, it depends.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TomS
    ) id think she must be doing something right and id probably enjoy sex with her more as she'd be a little more experienced??

if she was doing it so right then how come no one stayed with her? that's what i'd be thinking.

and in terms of skills and experience, i find the guys best in bed are either those with no experience at all (they let you show them exactly what you like) or those who have been in a long term relationship (they've been taught well). guys who sleep around tend to have the 'well everyone else enjoyed it, so i'll do it my way' attitude.

it wouldn't put me off on principle, but i would wonder why he's never stayed with anyone for that long. and i would also think that he was just in it for sex, and personally i'm not a one-night-stand/3 week relationship kind of girl.
  • Options
    Im not saying how many ive been with, but if i knew my fella had being with that many girls, id make sure i slept with him when we'd been going out a few months-reason being because if i slept with him straight away id think all he was after was sex.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

and in terms of skills and experience, i find the guys best in bed are either those with no experience at all (they let you show them exactly what you like) or those who have been in a long term relationship (they've been taught well). guys who sleep around tend to have the 'well everyone else enjoyed it, so i'll do it my way' attitude.

We came to that very conclusion last night. Between three of us we worked out that the lads who go round boasting and being complete dicks were the ones who had absolutely no idea on how to please a woman and probably weren't bothered about whether they did or not.

It doesn't put me off people no, knowing that they've slept with a fair few. At the end of the day people grow, they change and everyone has a past. I'm no angel, my partner knows that and we've both been honest about our pasts. Both of us agreed that since neither of us were involved with each other at the time it doesn't matter a fig. He's been worse than me, but hey he's got 17 years on me :)
  • Options
    More than 10, less than 20 :p I've had four long term relationships, a few one night stands and a couple of fuckbuddy situations. Oh, and one or two errors of judgement.

It doesn't bother me how many people the other person has slept with, provided that they don't cheat on me and get checked regularly.
  • Options
    If I found out my boyfriend had shagged almost 40 people I would not be impressed! I have to say i think it would put me off. Maybe I'd better find out quick....:chin: :p
  • Options
    Because of how I grew up, when I used to hear of people shagging over 5, I was in total disgust :eek2: :yuck: I am not as naive as I used to be. I've only slept with two guys. :angel:

One was a one night stand :blush: and the other was a long term relationship.
    Would you be put off by it!?

Somewhat because I got a bit self-conscious when I found out my ex (boyfriend at the time) had sex with all these other girls before me and I didnt know if I would be good enough for him. :blush:

Would you think more of the bloke cos he's actually being honest with you!?

Yeah Id be glad he told the truth but at the same time, I would still be a little put off if he slept with that many other women. That's my opinion though. :yes:
  • Options
    Ummm... 10 :yeees:
    One long-term relationship - Few mistakes and a couple one night stands -

I wouldn't like to judge on how many I slept with so I try not to do it to others - Shouldn't matter how many you slept with in the past so long as you don't sleep with anymore whilst being with her -
  • Options
    ive slept with 9 people (3 relationships, 1 big mistake, 1 one off and 4 fuck buddy style situations)..and thats in just about 2 years.....i think its better if your just honest about it all...its not good to brag about how many you have had kinda thing, but theres no point in hiding it is there...

for example, my girlfriend has slept with sumwhere around 23 people in her time....and even still knows some of these people, but then again i still know most of my ex fuck buddies but i digress, different matter....what i meant was, i dont hold that number against her....what you do when your single and what you do in a relationship are different things....and as for being "put off" by the number of people sumones been with, then i think that all comes down to their attitude..like i said before, if they were all bragging about it and thinkin they were king shit of turd mountain cuz of it then id be put off....

Peace
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    More than 10, less than 20 :p

that also. i've only had one real boyfriend i guess and i regret all of the people i've slept with but that one. i have a tendency to act like a whore when i'm drunk and i used to get drunk alot and not really control myself. but i'm nothing like that anymore :angel:
  • Options
    One.

But hasn't this one been done before?
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Great big zero here, i'm afraid i'm waiting for the right person...
  • Options
    One. Which I regret happening.
  • Options
    2 people, thats all........and thats cos I took a paper bag to the nightclub with me :(
  • Options
    Iv slept with one person.

And if I found out that a bird i liked had slept around a bit i would be put off them. I prefer sweet and innocent girls. Makes me feel more secure.
  • Options
    I've slept with three people and I'm happy with that number. I know my boyfriends been with a lot more people than I have, but I don't know the exact number and don't want to know! If I went out with someone and they told me they'd been with 40 people I'd feel quite insecure in case I wasn't good enough for them, I feel insecure with my boyf enough as it is and his numbers probably half that. It would depend on the person and how much I liked them.
  • Options
    I've slept with 2, although there was another relationship which was sexual, but there was no penetrative sex. All of mine were in relationships of over 6 months, although one is now a fuck buddy instead.

I would be put off by 35 - 40. Mainly because of what other people have said; you'd wonder what they were doing wrong, or if they were just with me for the sex. My ex/now fuck buddy has slept with 7, and that's fine with me, but I'm not really sure where I'd draw the line. I think the number might not mean so much as that all the girls were accounted for, that there aren't many if any drunk one night stands. I think I feel this way because sex is really important to me emotionally, and I'd feel uncomfortable sleeping with someone who obviously didn't make that connection as well.
  • Options
    six robots.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kate1
    I think the number might not mean so much as that all the girls were accounted for, that there aren't many if any drunk one night stands. I think I feel this way because sex is really important to me emotionally, and I'd feel uncomfortable sleeping with someone who obviously didn't make that connection as well.
    I really agree with that. Thats what would make the difference to me. My ex had been with one person before me, a long term relationship, but didn't think of sex as an emotional thing at all. His personality changed when we were in bed and he wasn't loving or emotionally connected at all. My bf is really loving and sees sex as an emotional thing too, which means I don't worry so much about all the people hes been with before because I know its not just sex, theres a connection which makes it more special. Not sure if that makes sense!:blush:
  • Options
    I don't know, not many, about 10 I think, and I'm 20..

I didn't really sleep around much.. just little phases ;)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    Ive slept with toooooo many but then sex is sex. Then theres sex with the right person:)

i agree completely with this. i have had sex with 4 people but i have not "made love" to all of those if that makes sense.
  • Options
    I've slept with just the one. :)

I would be put off if I found out my bf had slept with 30 - 40 girls, cos I'd always think he'd had better sex and that I wouldn't be good enough for him :blush:
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    i agree completely with this. i have had sex with 4 people but i have not "made love" to all of those if that makes sense.

agree totally - the two are different things......

I have made love with three people..... but had sex four or so times that number.... so I wish I didn't, some I wish I had more than once, some I can't remember, some I can remember every time I shut my eyes! :cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    Iv slept with one person.

And if I found out that a bird i liked had slept around a bit i would be put off them. I prefer sweet and innocent girls. Makes me feel more secure.

I second that motion. I'm so damn self-concious :( I wouldn't dump anyone due to the number of people they'd been with however, I'd just be shy. Then again, it depends on the type of person they are. If they're the sweetest person ever and have slept with a handful of people - enough to intimidate me - I wouldn't care because they were fantastic as a person. However if they were really bitchy or whatever about it, be off with them!