Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Frank does it again!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Just when you thought that maybe Talk to Frank was perhaps getting its act together they come out with something so rubbish, so dangerous and so stupid it boggles the mind.

I bring you, the Talk to Frank one armed bandit, pull the arm and marvel at the advice you get!

http://www.frankgear.com/ecards/preview02.html
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How fantastic. All you you need to know about mixing drugs and their affects in a game :rolleyes:
    Some of the best bits include;

For LSD and cocaine;

- "No point at all" - Now that is useful isnt it!

And the best one, for alcohol and cocaine;

- "Some people set themselves the rule of only one alcoholic drink per line."

Shit, I wish that wasnt funny because its so dangerous!
    Originally posted by bongbudda

- "Some people set themselves the rule of only one alcoholic drink per line."

Shit, I wish that wasnt funny because its so dangerous!

:lol:

I never got that one. Classic
    Its just so stupid because if you finish your drink its urging you to have another line.

They have made some good changes, I'll keep working at them till they get it fixed.
    they also make no allowances for;

1) stength of alcoholic drink (double? single? pint? half? export lager? absinthe?!?!)

2) fatness of line (piece of string or road of ching?) :D

3) Purity of coke

and 'no point at all is sooo helpful

:rolleyes:
    For LSD and cocaine;

- "No point at all" - Now that is useful isnt it!

Obviously someone didnt have a clue what to write for that one!

:lol:

Also who the fuck would take heroin and Ecstasy together as well? i`ve never heard of that before.
    Some of the best bits include;

For LSD and cocaine;

- "No point at all"
    That was my personal favourite too!

Does Frank expect someone who is considering mixing drugs to sit there playing the game until the specific option they were considering comes up?
    Also what does it mean when it says for Cocaine plus E... "take extra care"? Surely it should give some more details about what you're meant to be taking extra care over.

It's actually pretty crap as a game too as they come up in the same order each time.
    Luby; Diamophine isnt strictly in-active when taken oraly, you just need a massive dose for it to do anything. They used to use opiates in anti-diaria medicines because it would block you up without the high.

Digital-Emotion; As for heroin and ecstacy together, there has been talk of some clubbers using a little smoked heroin after a night out. And they warn about this on their section on heroin. Personally I think it is bollox, although I have heard relatively reliable sources commenting on some younger users not knowing what 'brown' was when they were offered it.
    oh shit

what are they playing at

and i was hoping for the pills to pop out my printer when i got a jackpot

and the cocaine and LSD one, i nearly sprayed tea over my monitor
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    Also what does it mean when it says for Cocaine plus E... "take extra care"? Surely it should give some more details about what you're meant to be taking extra care over.

Hahaha yes, that's a little vague isn't it?

Yes most of those descriptions are not nessisarily the best ways to get the "anti-drug" message across. Talktofrank is generally layed out in layman's terms and has basically one message "drugs are bad".

I know everyone says this, but I'll stick to TheSite and Erowid for my drug "education".
    I was discussing the topic of Erowid with someone from Release the other day actually. We were both agreeing that although there is a lot of useful information on there the site does have some drawbacks.

A lot of the information is quite out of date and the organisation of data isnt as good as it could be. There are also some sources on there which arent exactly double checked.

But given that the whole site is only run by two people on a 'hand-to-mouth' style budget its very impressive.

Just remember not to take things on there as fact.
    I noticed that, it is very out of date, i thougt whenever someone submits an experience report it dosen't get onto erowid for a couple of months at least.

I suppose though there's only 2 of them.
    They do do a good job, I just almost think they have taken on too much and the site will continue to suffer untill they can afford to employ one or hopefully two more people.

It could be a fantastic site, there is a lot of really good stuff on there, you just need to be able to sort through it to find what you want.

I did hear they were taking on someone for this summer as a data monkey, but then that wasnt definate.

They are a couple you know, the two who do it, Earth and Fire.
    I'm sorry rachie, I didnt mean to confuse you, when I am at work I have to make the window quite small and keep it hiden which means sometimes its hard to read.

You dont really get a 'come down' as such from heroin because its a sedative, you really only get a come down from stimulants.

It wears off and of course you might end up feeling bad because the nice effect have gone but you wouldnt get a come down as most drug users experience the.
    They used to use opiates in anti-diaria medicines because it would block you up without the high.

Still do. Good old Kaolin and Morphine. Yum. :yuck:
    Heroin and cocaine is The Snowball, the mix, said to be pretty much the most pleasureable thing you can ever experience.

Burroughs said "if god made anything better he kept it for himself"

The problem being that the margin of error is stupidly small because the cocaine lasts a shorter period than the heroin, so the coke wears off and then you end up OD'ing on the heroin.