Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

member's BMI

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've got back into looking at my general health again a lot more recently, i've not been doing as much physical activity as I used to and so I've joined a new gym, and although a have a good BMI and dont need to lose any weight, i've started to watch it.

Im quite interested in what people's BMIs are on here...

many of my friends who i've spoken to about this have bmi's that are within the 'ideal' range, however they are closer to the top of the 'ideal' score and yet they have fantastic bodies...

so im quite curious as to the general bmi's of people on here really, and if the 'ideal' range is in fact the 'average' range or not, if you get my drift...

you can calculate your BMI at http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/yourweight/bmi.shtml

thanks in advance x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    mine is 18.5
    see acording to the scale that would mean you're underweight, but you have a lovely figure, and you're not scrawny looking or anything... what's with that?! stupid scale
    but my goal is 17.. :(
    how tall are you?
    5'9
    mine's 21.6, so bang on really.

still think i could do with putting on another 6-10 lbs tho...:rolleyes:
    no offence or anything burningwings, but that would mean you'd be around 8 stone and 8 stone for someone who's 5'9 would look absolutely horrible, and very very scrawny... if you want to lose weight id suggest aiming for around 10 stone at the lowest, honestly, anything lower than that and you'd look anorexic.

anyway, im off to bed, feel free to continue conversation in my absence...
    Originally posted by badabing
    see acording to the scale that would mean you're underweight, but you have a lovely figure, and you're not scrawny looking or anything... what's with that?! stupid scale
    why thankyou, I dont think im drastically underweight, and even if i was, theres not that much I can do, because I already eat plenty. Its just the weight i seem to stay at when im not on the pill.
    i dont know.. yes i'm 5'9" but want to be 115lbs and i know others say "im 8 stone..anything more than me is fat" (yeah, i have some bitchy dumbass friends) and they're like 5'2", but still.. seems like a good number, then i can afford to gain weight i guess.
    my perception's screwed anyway.. i still pick up size 16-18s in shops and am genuinely surprised when they dont fit.. i feel like a fraud typing that as im sure they would..

edit: i know it's low but ive been 10 stone (recently..until i went on atkins and gained almost a stone) and i still looked fat.. yes looking back on pictures now i wish i was back at 137lbs, but i didnt like it at the time
    badabing, the BMI thingy doesn't consider whether the weight is a resulf of fat or muscles. Which is why it wont always be correct.
    I think if youre 5ft 9, you should aim for nearer 9st, which would still be really really slim, but not as emaciated.
    Mine's 21.7. Not ideal but tbh I think I should stop worrying about my weight. Easier said than done...
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    badabing, the BMI thingy doesn't consider whether the weight is a resulf of fat or muscles. Which is why it wont always be correct.

true true... that's probably the answer to all my queries actually. im blonde. i'll just go and sleep.

thanking you.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I think if youre 5ft 9, you should aim for nearer 9st, which would still be really really slim, but not as emaciated.

9stone would be good.. i wish i could get to there and then see how i felt... but i cant seem to lose weight despite going through shit.. i think ive screwed with my metabolism too much tbh
    Mine is 17.95.

It says I'm underweight but I don't think I am.

I just have a very small frame. I eat what I want when I want and don't worry about putting on the odd pound here and there. I don't look "scrawny".
    somewhere between 17.3 and 18.

not great. i should maybe be having extra lard with every meal. am beginning to look like an extra from schindler's list :/
    I'm 22. Podgyyy.
    I think the whole thing needs to be taken with a pnch of salt tho.

I tried putting in the values for what I weighed this time last year (I was about 11 pounds heavier) and it still tells me I was underweight.
    22. I'm ok with that, it's healthy. I've had a much lower BMI before, and i looked horrible, all scrawny. Ick.
    22.20 Thought it might be a bit lower than that. But then I do seem to have a sort of slight squidgyness in places that I'd rather be without. But that's because I'm not that well toned at the moment. I'm working on it, but need to do more excercise, and eat less fat. On the whole, I'm fairly happy with the way I am.
    edited because I didn't write this message
    it says i'm seriously underweight.

i think the thing is stoopid.
    i'm not fat by any means, but i'm not really skinny, just slim
    Well thats just about finished me off today.:(
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Well thats just about finished me off today.:(
    Mate, youve only just had a baby, EVERYONE puts on baby weight. It doesnt count.
    Mate, youve only just had a baby, EVERYONE puts on baby weight. It doesnt count.

It said i was obese tho:( . I mean fat i can deal with but...
    Originally posted by Tweety
    It said i was obese tho:( . I mean fat i can deal with but...
    yer, mine said obese too when my baby was that small. I didnt get back to pre-baby weight till Lenny was a year!
    I put on 4 stone when I was pregnant. Its much better to lose it slowly, as then it doesnt go back on as easily. Youre supposed to give yourself at least the same amount of time as you were pregnant, to get the weight off again.
    yer, mine said obese too when my baby was that small. I didnt get back to pre-baby weight till Lenny was a year!
    I put on 4 stone when I was pregnant. Its much better to lose it slowly, as then it doesnt go back on as easily. Youre supposed to give yourself at least the same amount of time as you were pregnant, to get the weight off again.

Yeah i just shouldnt have done it cause my day has just got worse.