Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Increasing concentration

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you people got any tips on how to increase my concentration span?

It's currently lies at a max. of 45mins before I loose concentration & boredom starts to set in. I understand eating banana's is good because they have slow releasing energy in them.

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Increasing concentration
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Have you people got any tips on how to increase my concentration spam?

that made me laugh. :p

don't things stop going in your brain after so long? well, not in your brain. but i think you stop remembering things after so long anyway. it's proabably your bodies way of telling you you need a rest.
  • Options
    concentration spam, a new product from the spam family:D
  • Options
    i suppose the m is next to the n, could of been a typo. ;)
  • Options
    *Edited*:blush:
  • Options
    i have no tips so this is a useless post, but 45 minutes, thats quite impressive, i lose it during a half hour tv show.
  • Options
    Easy mistake to make.

Anyway fish is supposed to be good for the brain, not sure in what way tho.
  • Options
    average concentration span of a human is 40 minuits max....10 mins in my case
  • Options
    you're better than me! i either find something interesting and can spend upto an hour at a time, or im all fidgety or bored or not in the mood and get bored after about 2 minutes and then get confused when the clock hasnt moved all that much!!!
  • Options
    Most peoples attention span is supposed to be about 45 mins anyway.
    I find it's not a case of concentration, but a case of tiredness. I just feel too tired after concentrating for a while, and need something to completely wake me up.
  • Options
    as someone who studies psychology i can tell you that you are entirely NORMAL (!!) in having a concentration span of 45 mins. Most of us mere mortals find that we lose concentration after that long - this is why those in the know psychology wise keep arguing that school lessons sould be in 45min slots. To increase it if you are insistant on this one you could ensure that your glucose levels are nice n high (plenty of sugar...yay!) and maybe take more exersise (?). Mr Wobble speaks sense so what he said too. The Silly String
  • Options
    a combination of DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol) and ginkobiloba may help...

you can also try adderrall...

or ritalin :)
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that it is driving related.

As in when I have a driving lesson 1hour long in duration @ the beginning I can concentrate & be with it but then in the last 15mins I just loose all concentration & get bored & start making silly mistakes that could mean the difference between a pass & a fail.
  • Options
    Spam Spam
    we hate it
    It looks like pork
    But it tastes like shit
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    I forgot to mention that it is driving related.

As in when I have a driving lesson 1hour long in duration @ the beginning I can concentrate & be with it but then in the last 15mins I just loose all concentration & get bored & start making silly mistakes that could mean the difference between a pass & a fail.
    Even tho most lessons are 1 hour the test itself is only 40 minutes (for a standard UK test) so you should be ok.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dep
    a combination of DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol) and ginkobiloba may help...

you can also try adderrall...

or ritalin :)

Yeah, necking back a fistfull of adderall when she's driving is a fine idea! Or maybe not.

On another note, have you actually found ritalin to do anything at all?! I found it one of the most pointless drugs I've ever taken, you might as well just have a cup of coffee.

As for increasing concentration, well someone mentioned fish, canned tuna's good because its got lots of dolphin in, and you know how smart they are.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    As for increasing concentration, well someone mentioned fish, canned tuna's good because its got lots of dolphin in, and you know how smart they are.

LMAO!

No, it's true, eating oily fish does help, they have a lot of Omega-3 in which helps the brain. or you could take a fish oil supplement.

Just be grateful your concentration span is as long as 45 minutes, when i has M.E badly, mine was about a minute and a half.
  • Options
    Thank you, although thats not strictly my gag, its a quote from Marge Simpson.
  • Options
    in that case, well quoted :p
  • Options
    There is a Simpsons quote for all occasions.
  • Options
    Yeah, necking back a fistfull of adderall when she's driving is a fine idea! Or maybe not.

On another note, have you actually found ritalin to do anything at all?! I found it one of the most pointless drugs I've ever taken, you might as well just have a cup of coffee.

ritalin just doesn't have any affect on some people. i don't know.
  • Options
    Well not having ADD or ADHD I guess the drug wasnt designed for me was it.

I cant say I have had adderal, you cant get it on script here, and to be frank the over prescribing of it in the US is shocking. Should you really hand out strong amphetamines to children? I'm dubious.
  • Options

well i dont know about ritilin but adderall has time release capsules inside so the only to take it and for it to work is snorting. (obviously i'm not talking about taking it legally becasue quite frankly if you were the doctor would have already told you everything and i doubt the suggestion would have even been made) i've tried ritilin both ways, nothing happened when i just swallowed, i "worked" to say when i snorted, same with the adderall. but neither of those drugs anyways are going to be good for your concentration, if anything they will make the problem worse.
  • Options
    Is Adderall only available in the time release now then, because you used to be able to get it in the normal capsules.

Its quite an odd drug, well its not really one drug, its a mix of different amphetamine, theres some dexamphetamine and a couple of others I think. Strange.