Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Mc Nuggets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Maccy D's now claim that "Change is good" because they've started making their chicken nuggets with chicken breast. What the fuck were they making them with before? Makes ya wonder what you're eating, doesn't it?

Comments

• Options
    yesterday i ordered a Mc chicken sandwish with cheese
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    yesterday i ordered a Mc chicken sandwish with cheese

:eek2: , just :eek2:
  • Options
    Well no thats a slight lie....
    It was a plain McChicken sandwish with cheese
  • Options
    Today at work, I was happily tucking into a McDonald's quater pounder with cheese when my area manager came storming in, went "What have I told you before? McDonalds is not good for you!", turned around and walked back out.

I didn't see him again. Headfuck. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Surely it wasn't a plain Mc Chicken Sandwich if it had cheese on it? That's like ordering a cheese burger without the cheese... :confused:
  • Options
    Re: Mc Nuggets
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    they've started making their chicken nuggets with chicken breast. What the fuck were they making them with before?

Chicken leg. I believe all these fancy terms like 'wing', 'breast' and 'leg' are just polite words for 'offal'
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kate1
    Surely it wasn't a plain Mc Chicken Sandwich if it had cheese on it? That's like ordering a cheese burger without the cheese... :confused:

Thank you. That will be the next thing i have to order just to confuse the poor little bitch that has to serve me
  • Options
    Do you guys have boss burgers over there? Our Mcdonalds out here have McCafe's in them all as well as these huge healthy eating menus now - salads, bagets, yogarts, fruit etc.

Mmmm.. Hunger Busters! ;)
  • Options
    i really don't think they had a genius working on their marketing scheme that time. but i do like the new mcnuggets. cuz the old ones had the dark meat and were all gross and stuff and now i like them... granted i'm very accoustomed to every kind of fast food out there because i pretty much lived off it for 9 months straight :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    I think there is a few Mc'Cafes in our country but very few. Not seen one myself like
    Yeah, I figured as much, I was told a while ago that from a consumer point of view NZ is one of the most used countries in the world for trials of new products because we have such a diverse multi-raced country and we're quite flexible with frequent change.. :)

Some of the stuff we have: http://www.mcdonalds.co.nz/intro.htm
  • Options
    mc fucking crap!
    the only time i will eat their stuff is when i'm starving and in a mad rush.
    sma e with most fast food though ...i just don't need it.
  • Options
    for four quid and sometimes less ...i can pop in a pub and have a reasonable scran and a pint.
    my faves though are greasy trucker/biker cafes ...sadly theres fewer of them about by the day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    for four quid and sometimes less ...i can pop in a pub and have a reasonable scran and a pint.
    my faves though are greasy trucker/biker cafes ...sadly theres fewer of them about by the day.

those are nice. open 24 hours. you can walk in there at 3am high as a rock, order half the menu and nobody takes a second glance at you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    those are nice. open 24 hours. you can walk in there at 3am high as a rock, order half the menu and nobody takes a second glance at you.
    there slowly dissapearing here though as the likes of muckfood and colonel chicken take over. very sad.
    the best ones always had good juke boxes ...pinball machines ...no toilet paper in the bogs.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I do prefer sitting down in a pub with some decent food and a beer, but sadly time doesn't always allow so I have to resort to stopping by McDonalds/Greggs/Subway on the way to work.
  • Options
    I just went to Pizza Hut for lunch as a change and had a 'all you can eat' buffet lunch for $10 that included healthy options such as a great variety of salads and pasta as well as your usuals - pizza/chips and even dessert (ice cream/chocolate moose/jelly)

That was so nice, I just ate as much salad/pasta as physically possible!
  • Options
    It does make me thing sometimes, when you see adverts for a product that is 'new and improved' 'cause I kinda think well why wasn't it better in the first place.
  • Options
    Re: Mc Nuggets
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    What the fuck were they making them with before? Makes ya wonder what you're eating, doesn't it?

It`s like, ok, now it`s new and improved but all that time I was eating old and inferior! :o
  • Options
    Originally posted by Justin Sane
    I just went to Pizza Hut for lunch as a change and had a 'all you can eat' buffet lunch for $10 that included healthy options such as a great variety of salads and pasta as well as your usuals - pizza/chips and even dessert (ice cream/chocolate moose/jelly)

I've had that here before, I think it was £5.99 though I can't remember. Quite nice though! I was thinking of staying in all day, but I think it's only for a few hours over lunch.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Justin Sane

10 New Zealand Dollars?! That's about £3.50! An outrage! :p
  • Options
    To be fair the new nuggets are hardly that much improved. They are in general relaunching them with the intent to remove the chicken selects from the menu. Forget when we stop selling them. I think before the nuggets were breast and leg meat. The rounder ones being breast and the sorta more long ones being leg. You were supposed to get equal of each. Think that was general gist anyway. Either way chicken premiere patties are the nicest!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Mc Nuggets
    Originally posted by Miffy
    It`s like, ok, now it`s new and improved but all that time I was eating old and inferior! :o
    all through my childhood ...washing powders would be improved. they were the whitest of white ...now they were even whiter ...a couple of years down the road and they'ed be even whiter and the then the best best best white ever ...and then improved again.
    never would it be your clothes getting any cleaner just more white than the last time they improved it.
    even as a kid i used to wonder how fucking white can a white shirt getb and guess what ...a white shirt still isn't any more fucking white than it was in the begining. do they think we are realy dumb ...cos thats the way they talk to us.
    by now you shouldn't even be able to look at a white shirt ...not without protection.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    They are in general relaunching them with the intent to remove the chicken selects from the menu.

the selects were nicer than the nuggets :(
  • Options
    When I went to Canada a few weeks ago I was shocked to see their McDonald's is no better then what we have in the UK.

Last time I went about 4 years ago to Toronto there was a big different in quantity and quality now McDonalds is poor standard no matter where inthe world you go.

We actually went to a supermarket and bought the most gigantic burgers like 1lb each and got 8 for $4 that's like less then £2 and BBQed them they were each so huge we couldn't finisih them!!!

Oh and they tasted good!!! :D