Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Changing network; keeping number.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As I know dick about this type of thing, would I be able to change my network from Orange to, lets say, o2 but still keep my Orange number? Is there a charge? How do I go about doing it?

Thanks muchly.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Changing network; keeping number.
    Originally posted by Capacity
    As I know dick about this type of thing, would I be able to change my network from Orange to, lets say, o2 but still keep my Orange number? Is there a charge? How do I go about doing it?

Thanks muchly.

Yes you can, yes there is a charge. I dont know the charge.
  • Options
    You need to phone up Orange and ask for some... code. I forget the name of it, but if you tell them what you wanna do they'll know what you're talking about :razz:
  • Options
    Many thanks to the both of you.
  • Options
    Follow up question...

Will I need to buy a new sim card? I hang my head in shame at my own ignorance. ;[
  • Options
    You need to contact both your old service provider and your new one, tell the old one you're changing networks and you need the code to give to the new network, then ring the new network and tell them the code. They'll either send you a SIM or tell you that you need to buy one and then give them that number to change.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Follow up question...

Will I need to buy a new sim card? I hang my head in shame at my own ignorance. ;[

Leave your old one under your pillow and you'll get a new one from THE SIM CARD FARIES D:
  • Options
    I have just done this. From Orange to O2. You phone Orange and ask for a PAC code. Once you have this you phone O2 and the will take your details including your PAC code. They will then inform you of when your number will be changed over. And no I didn't need a new SIM card!

:)
  • Options
    I have loads of new o2 sims if you want one.