Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

scary science?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
did anyone see bush last night?
he was brilliant! he only fluffed his lines twice and very minor it was too.
he pronounced difficult personal names and places with ease ...same old bullshit but bullshit delivered so impressiveley that i'm convinced he's had an electronic implant of some kind.
was he being radio controlled?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    According to the expert I heard he pronounced Abu Grave (sp?) badly.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    there was another one that came out wrong as well ...but it is new technology.
    wow!! that does surprise me! i think he was either being controlled, or practised for ages and ages, recieving a lollypop when he got it right..
    well i think he deserves a lollypop for not mucking up anyway!!
    maybe this time it was THE chimp and not the president.
    We can joke about him being stupid, but he does have an MBA from Harvard I believe, thats quite hard.

I'm not totally convinced he is that stupid, he just see's the world in black and white.

That and theres the whole business with the Project for the New American Century, their the people working the strings.
    An MBA from Harvard after an appalling C average in Yale demonstrates only that with the right name and enough money anyone can go Ivy League.

His academic credentials are as questionable as his policies.
    I hope your not suggesting you can buy your way into the Ivy League uni's, thats like saying going to Eton makes it easier to get into Oxford!
    Regardless of his academic qualifications, a man who claims God talks to him and tells him what to do is either as fucking thick as two short planks or completely and utterly bonkers.

Either way, it is an extremely worrying issue to have such a man in charge of anything, let alone the nation with the biggest military machine in the world.
    MBA

= Mediocre, but arrogant
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Regardless of his academic qualifications, a man who claims God talks to him and tells him what to do is either as fucking thick as two short planks or completely and utterly bonkers.

Either way, it is an extremely worrying issue to have such a man in charge of anything, let alone the nation with the biggest military machine in the world.

Either that or he really does hear God and God's just really nasty.
    Either that or he really does hear God and God's just really nasty.
    god tries to talk to me but i keep hanging up on him ...
    I hope your not suggesting you can buy your way into the Ivy League uni's, thats like saying going to Eton makes it easier to get into Oxford!

This is America we're talking about. Everything has a price.

Abu gerav it came out. I was pissing myself :)
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    but come on ...for george he did do well. i was mightily impressed.
    hahaha! i heard it today, on prime ministers question time or around then i think..not sure.. but it was very very funny!!
    im almost convinced someone had their hand shoved up his arse for that one........and George Bush has an MBA? pull the other one u must be havin a laugh, that man's head rattles when you shake it, why do you think they never let him do any live debates or interviews (apart from that old dodder Frost who doesnt know how to turn the screws), he'd get slaughtered!

and in reality, he sees the world in black and green, thats oil and the big $ sign. I spose God's telling him to be a greedy bastard? i'd say hes one of the most corrupt presidents to date, right up there with Nixon.
    Originally posted by apollo_69
    im almost convinced someone had their hand shoved up his arse for that one........and George Bush has an MBA? pull the other one u must be havin a laugh, that man's head rattles when you shake it, why do you think they never let him do any live debates or interviews (apart from that old dodder Frost who doesnt know how to turn the screws), he'd get slaughtered!

and in reality, he sees the world in black and green, thats oil and the big $ sign. I spose God's telling him to be a greedy bastard? i'd say hes one of the most corrupt presidents to date, right up there with Nixon.
    i like you ...you get the point.
    all this crap about his university degrees ...would any one bat an eyelid or even bother making a thread on here if it comes out his dad bought the degree? i think not. i think we would all just think ...yeah ...i'm not surprised. even his supporters would not be surprieseed.

How good is your arabic then?

Not defending him, but surely it's stupid to mock him for his arabic pronounciation.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

Not defending him, but surely it's stupid to mock him for his arabic pronounciation.
    jacq ...i think he did amazingly well with the pronunciation of names and places ...he actualy appeared to do it off the top of his head as well ...like i said i was very impressed. the best performance i have seen him give yet.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

But surely if he's paid attention to any of the news recently, or his advisors who would have been obliged to tell him about this, then he would have heard it in English. In arabic it's probably complicated etc, so most people I know just say it like how you would say the English - Abu Grave. This is probably wrong; missing stresses etc. but all the same, it's more right than Abu Gerav.

You'd think the American president (representing all Americans) would be able to pronounce one of the most talked about places in recent days.
    I guess this time he did at least remember a name, as oppossed to not being able to name fellow heads of State at all :D
    Comparing him to Nixon is a bit off, Nixon got into his second term by the biggest land slide victory the US had seen!
    aye, and through corruption.......a bit of the old you scratch my back ill scratch yours with a certain mr dulles.....lets hope bush doesnt get in for another term or ill rest my case.
    haha, this might make you chuckle.........http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com/
    But surely if he's paid attention to any of the news recently, or his advisors who would have been obliged to tell him about this, then he would have heard it in English. In arabic it's probably complicated etc,
    i don't know one welsh person who can pronounce manchestuh propper!