Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

conservative broadcast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im not happy with labour, but the levels the conservatives have dropped themselves to is dispicable, they didnt say one thing what'd they'd do!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    theres another one on friday along with the BNP's
    A dream double bill then! :D
  • Options
    oliver letwin has said the tories will slash public spending by i35 billion quid ...massively effecting nhs eduction pensions transport etc.
    economics experts have said it would devastate the british way of life beyond repair.
    massive rises in homeles ness and crime ...slashing police budgets and social security budgets.
    this is only the start! they plan to imediateley slash public spending by a quarter and then ...should they get a second term ...slash it to half of what it is now.
    riots and public disorder would ensue on a scale never before seen in this country.
    so ...oliver has made my mind up for me.
    i won't be going ahead with my plan to vote for someone else or not at all in protest at blair/bush iraq.
    i WILL be voting for labour.
    this country is doing very well ...the people are better off than any other time in my life.
    VOTE LABOUR!
  • Options
    this sums up my view

vote labour, dont vote tony blair!
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    this sums up my view

vote labour, dont vote tony blair!
    and for fucks sake don't vote liberal! they have no chance anyway and you know it ...but by splitting the votes you could be letting the tories back in.
    vote labour!
  • Options
    Don't wanna vote Labour, Blair has pissed me off too much.
  • Options
    In years time Gordon Brown might be PM what does everyone think about that, would it make you vote labour?
  • Options
    Having had dealings with local Labour apparatchiks they make Blair look a saint

labour sucks, the party and any possible leader, they stand for little except keeping in power

A plague on all their houses
  • Options
    I agree as it goes. But I think they're probably the best of a bad bunch. Although I might prefer to see the Green Party or the IWCA have more power, but that ain't gonna happen.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    Having had dealings with local Labour apparatchiks they make Blair look a saint

labour sucks, the party and any possible leader, they stand for little except keeping in power

A plague on all their houses
    well in this country we don't as a rule vote for personalities ...if you want to vote for a PARTY ...that has improved life for virtualy all members of society then vote for labour.
  • Options
    Blagsta
    IWCA

arf, arf sorry can't help myself
  • Options
    There's no way I'm voting for Labour again as long as Blair's in. A vote for anyone but Labour will lead to his political demise, which is the best thing that could happen as far as I am concerned.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    and for fucks sake don't vote liberal! they have no chance anyway and you know it ...
    Actually in my constituency the Lib Dems are the only chance to get the Tories out, in general elections anyhoo. Tony Blair lost his deposit here the first time he stood as an MP! But for European elections small parties get better representation. Even the Green party have an MEP from the South East.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    There's no way I'm voting for Labour again as long as Blair's in. A vote for anyone but Labour will lead to his political demise, which is the best thing that could happen as far as I am concerned.
    i think he is a sincere man ...a man of vision. he has made some remarkable changes to this country ...sad about getting sucked up bush's arse i know ...but i will be voting for him.
    the party itself should be left to deal with his bad judgement over iraq and bush ...or was it blackmail i wonder.
  • Options
    Personally I think Blair's a c***
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Personally I think Blair's a c***

Hey we are on a roll here, I agree with you :D
  • Options
    People will start talking y'know :o
  • Options
    if they slash it, it won't effect public services at all. the only thing it will affect are these stupid daft jobs Labour keep making such as NOn Smoking Officer 35K a year and it's published in the Guardian.

VOTE Tory is a vote from any more of these daft jobs getting created.

You're making stuff up again.
  • Options
    Post a link or shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    lol!!!

Liberal Democrats will never get in power, never! Less than 20% of the population like them!
    You reckon they can push the Tories away! lol JUst wait until the Euro election resulst are published and you see Lib Dems at 4th Place because another right wing party has took over, UKIP or even BNP.

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/elections2004/story/0,14549,1223920,00.html

I wouldnt put it beyond the liberal democrats getting into power at some point in the future. I mean just in the last 20 years or so their MP's have pretty much doubled. Its been a long time since the last Liberal Government (which i argue ceased to be in 1916) perhaps it is time for a shake up.
  • Options
    read the Guardian Jobs section when they publish jobs. Thanks :)

Here we are,.....if he can't be bothered then I will...its ANOTHER story from the Daily Mail - Fairly old again.....

'BIAS' OVER JOB ADS

From Daily Mail - 15/12/2003 (622 words)
    JANE MERRICK

LABOUR last night faced accusations of favouritism after it was confirmed that millions of pounds of taxpayers' money is spent on advertising in the Left- wing Guardian newspaper.

An independent study has showed that two-thirds of advertising for public sector jobs is placed in the newspaper, mainly in its massive Society supplement.

The research will raise concerns about the links between Labour and The Guardian, one of its staunchest supporters.

The Conservatives are to question why the Government's recruitment arm does not use a broader cross-section of the national press.

One of the main concerns is why a newspaper with one of the lowest circulations should receive the lion's share of Government advertising.

There are also questions about the Government trying to recruit people into the public sector who are predominantly Leftwing.

The weekly Society section is edited by Benjamin Wegg-Prosser, former special adviser to Peter Mandelson when he was a Cabinet minister.

According to a study by Nielsen Media Research, The Guardian was given 26,175 out of 42,914 public sector jobs advertised in national newspapers between January and September this year.

This share was thousands more than the second on the list, the Sunday Herald, where 7,586 jobs were placed, and the third, the ethnic minority paper The Voice, with 2,719.

Some 1,269 adverts were placed in The Times, 1,255 in The Times Educational Supplement and 802 in The Sunday Times. Julie Kirkbride, the Tory culture, media and sport spokesman, is to write to every Whitehall department asking how much money is spent on advertising in each newspaper.

Miss Kirkbride said: 'It has always been assumed that The Guardian is one of the typical places to be used by the Government.

'It is about time we knew the extent of exactly where their adverts are placed and how much is spent. This is very important business to newspapers and it involves hundreds of thousands of pounds of taxpayers' money.

'It is in taxpayers' interests to know where this money is being spent. I am concerned that the Government should seek to attract people from a cross-section of society, rather than a section of society which comes from a certain point of view.' Latest figures show that The Guardian's circulation is around 370,000 - compared with the Daily Mail's sales of nearly 2.5million.

In a sign of Labour's apparent favouritism for The Guardian, its Society section every Wednesday often runs to more than 100 pages which are packed with public sector jobs.

The newspaper rakes in hundreds of thousands of pounds every week through the adverts.

A full page advert in the section costs 10,762 for colour, 7,175 black and white; half a page 5,760 for colour, 3,280 black and white; and quarter page 2,880 for colour, 1,640 black and white. Among the questionable posts regularly advertised are 'mentoring coordinators', 'outreach workers', and 'smoking cessation officers'.

Last week's supplement contained adverts for a 'Central Doncaster Action Plan Support Officer' - salary 20,469 - and 'File Quality Managers' for Thames Valley Police - salary 22,000.

Advertising for the majority of Whitehall jobs is handled by the internal agency COI Communications. A COI spokesman said: 'We advertise specific jobs in whichever media is appropriate to the job. The Guardian Society section is just one of many titles we use.

'The decision on where to advertise is taken by the COI in consultation with the departments involved.' Mr Wegg-Prosser insisted there was no political bias. He said: 'Decisions on where to advertise are made by clients based on where they will get the best response. The market decides, based on thousands of individual decisions.' j.merrick@dailymail.co.uk END

Copyright 2003 Associated Newspapers Ltd.

Date: 15/12/2003
  • Options
    read the paper or button it, know it all!

No, I'm asking you to back up an assertion that you have made.
    Either do so or fuck off. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    that Society supplement is a milch-cow for the Guardian, and we al pay for it through our taxes :mad:
  • Options
    Still here are you? When's your replacement due?
  • Options
    Blagsta
    Still here are you? When's your replacement due?

a bit rich from the resident PC jack-in-the-box
  • Options
    that Society supplement is a milch-cow for the Guardian, and we al pay for it through our taxes :mad:
    Are you Paul Dacre in disguise? :D
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Oh stop bickering. I haven't even been back a day and I'm sick of it already.
  • Options
    What did I just say???? :mad:
  • Options
    Thank you :D
  • Options
    a bit rich from the resident PC jack-in-the-box

Sorry? PC? :confused: You've lost me I'm afraid. :confused:
  • Options
    On the subject of advertising in mags, I worked in this field for three years and know that when deciding to place ads, the majority of organisations will use an independant advertising agency. That agency will choose the paper they know has produced the best results for them based on a previous results.

All newspapers and magazines collate information regarding the make up of their readership which is made available to advertisers.