Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Railway Arches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night I went to a nightclub in Kings Cross that was built into a series of Railway Arches.

The places was amazing, it had a really nice atmosphere, it was like being in the Bat Cave!! Vey different from most townie nightclubs.

Just wondering who you contact to find a railway arch for rent / sale!! They're pretty cool. :D

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you just look around I guess. I'm really intregued now, and I can't spell intregued to save my life so oh well. Sounds fun though!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Railway Arches
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Last night I went to a nightclub in Kings Cross that was built into a series of Railway Arches.

    The places was amazing, it had a really nice atmosphere, it was like being in the Bat Cave!! Vey different from most townie nightclubs.

    Just wondering who you contact to find a railway arch for rent / sale!! They're pretty cool. :D
    used to be britsh rail but ...that many fucking people involved now ...who knows!
    re nationalise the railaways i say.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    theres a club in leeds called 'mission' which is a series of arches and the whole place is just bare brick. :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by superfly
    you londoners are so slow
    i luv the locks! (im from manchester). and that photo doesn't do it justice.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by lipsy
    i luv the locks! (im from manchester). and that photo doesn't do it justice.

    Is this better?

    http://www.ma.man.ac.uk/~higham/photos/manchester/030914-1544-16.htm

    Looks real pretty :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ooh whereabouts?

    i know, it looks a bit grotty, but it was the first one i could find.

    because its all different bars, theres not one dedicated website, which is a shame. ah well!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Is this better?

    http://www.ma.man.ac.uk/~higham/photos/manchester/030914-1544-16.htm

    Looks real pretty :)
    yeh thanks :)
    and it looks even prettier at night.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A number of years ago I found this building in East London which was supposed to be a series of outlet shops and it was a similar kinda of design with loads of rooms and arches it would have made the most awesome nightclub.

    Now they've done something and turned the car park into housing property, no idea what they're doing with the actual building it's self cos I bet it's protected or something.

    I'd love to have a club like the one I went to last night (The Cross in Kings Cross)

    It was packed solid by the end of the night.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by lipsy
    theres a club in leeds called 'mission' which is a series of arches and the whole place is just bare brick. :)

    The Cockpit is made into the arches as well isn't it?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try Network Rail, who own the tracks now.
Sign In or Register to comment.