Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Consumption Culture

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The mix of alcohol and cocaine is so dangerous yet loads of people do it. It produces a by-product of the two which is not only more damaging to the body but more addictive. Nice.

As for alcohol and cannabis, cannabis doesnt have that much effect on the CNS, but as with any mixture of drugs it becomes harder and harder for the body to cope.

Also cannabis seems to make the stomach lighter and your more likely to be sick, and if you've passed out thats VERY dangerous.
  • Options
    by 'a more incapable state' i was implying it increases the likely hood of passing out, as you said.
  • Options
    Oh, certainly, I wasnt disagreeing with you. I was just saying about cannabis's somewhat minor effect on the CNS. But then having said that it depends on the qaulity of the material you are smoking.

CBD is a narcotic and will have sedative effects.
  • Options
    If you look at a lot of other countries that have never really had tight drug restrictions, e.g Portugal which has no legal age limit to drink, the kids there drink very little. Could be to do with the countries being less economically developed, but its an interesting idea. It could work out as being mad for a little while, but it might settle down eventually.
  • Options
    Comparing countries like that is always very prone to problems because there are so many factors to take into account.

And as for being economic development being a factor, the countries with the poorest populations are quite often the ones most ravaged by drug use.
  • Options
    Oh the irony ;)

I do see what you mean though, although i think in LEDCs people tend to work more hence drink less, and if families are poorer they may have no money to spend on alcohol as it is. Although quite a week theory, but if you look at the locals in tourist countries like Portugal, you rarely see them drinking.