Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I'm gonna take you to a gay bar, gay bar!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, that was an interesting evening out.
My housemate and I, who used to work at the same place I work at, were supposed to be meeting another ex workmate tonight. She'd set the time and place. It was a bar below a place that used to be a pub. A place neither of us had heard of before.
So we went, and within seconds of going through the door I just knew something wasn't right. It might have been the fact that the Comundards was being played, it might have been the fact that there was a surprising lack of women, and the fact that the women there were a bit.... butch. But I think it was the fact that we passed a transvestite in in a full length see through dress and pink PVC underwear on the way in, and the fact that the DJ was a drag queen, that finally made the penny drop. We were in a gay bar!!!! :nervous:

Unfortunately the girl we were supposed to be meeting didn't turn up, so there we were, stuck like lemons in the middle of a gay bar.
I've never been in a place where I've avoided eye contact so much since going to a Hells Angels biking event a few years ago. :o
We gave up waiting after an hour and a half. I was glad as there were very few places left to look, and the blokes on the sofa next to us were busy playing tongue hockey.

I'm glad to be home!

Comments

• Options
    funny that - really similar thing happened to me the other week....

were out on the town - in a crap bar, someone suggested another, so we moved.....

and when we got there it was a gay bar PLUS kareokee! Very very very random night - although it must be said I had an ace night, and might even go back with the same group of friends!

Quality night - but random! :)
  • Options
    methinks she was having a little joke.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist

Yeah, I figured it was a practical joke too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Apparently she is bad at letting people down like that, not turning up, or turning up very late, so it wasn't a surprise. I'll just be more cautious next time about where we're supposed to meet. :D
  • Options
    haha excellent.
    you should have filmed it (your awkwardness)
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    haha excellent.
    you should have filmed it (your awkwardness)
    Actually, I didn't feel that awkward. It's not too different from being in any other bar, except when another bloke is looking at you it's not because of aggression! :nervous: Worryingly a couple of blokes seemed to keep looking at me. Isn't it surprising how facinating things like your shirt buttons, watch strap, the floor, marks on the wall, pattern on the carpet, etc, can suddenly become.
  • Options
    you should've gone for it.
    pop on those gold hotpants, wobbles in town!
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    you should've gone for it.
    pop on those gold hotpants, wobbles in town!
    LOL And I wouldn't have looked out of place either! :lol:
    I'm glad nobody was able to see that I still have lilac nail polish on my toes still! ...I'm starting to worry about myself now! :eek2:
  • Options
    Similar thing happened on my stag night. The hotel we were staying told us that if we got back to the hotel before last orders they would give us the function hall + carry out to party away into the wee small hours. As the hall was seperate to the hotel they weren't fussed about noise so we could stay up drinking as late (or as it turned out as close to lunchtime the next day) as we wanted.

Some of the guys didn't fancy heading back to the hotel so early so they headed off to look for a nightclub. Not knowing the area they had no idea where they were headed so they asked a couple of doormen at a pub who directed them to the only nightclub that would admit people after 1am. We headed back to the hotel.

About 45 mins later the wayward group turned up at the hotel rather quiet and sheepish. We asked them what had happened. They went into the club and, as you said earlier Wobble, they knew something was up instantly. There was a midget guy sitting on the end of the bar in an all-in-one leather gimp suit smoking a pipe. As they were stood at the bar this 6"+ tranny slid alongside one of my mates, pinched his arse and called him "sweet cheeks". A fast exit followed.

We still call him sweet-cheeks just to see the look on his face.
  • Options
    Haha, poor guy :D
  • Options
    Why do straight guys seem to have the impression that if they go into a gay bar, blokes will start groping them and be all over them? You're not that hot, and gay guys aren't that horny and/or desperate. :rolleyes: ;) get over yourselves!
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    Why do straight guys seem to have the impression that if they go into a gay bar, blokes will start groping them and be all over them? You're not that hot, and gay guys aren't that horny and/or desperate. :rolleyes: ;) get over yourselves!

This always amuses me too. I imagine the reason they were being stared at (if, indeed, they were) was probably because they were new, rather than that they were being admired.
  • Options
    Every time I'm in a gay bar/club, I always get guys coming on to me, waaay more than girls come onto me in a "straight" pub/club.

Although there's more of a "we're all out for a good time" feel in gay clubs methinks :yes:
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    Why do straight guys seem to have the impression that if they go into a gay bar, blokes will start groping them and be all over them?
    I didn't, but I was getting eyed by a couple of blokes. You know the sort of look, exactlty the same look as when you catch a girls eye across the room. And one of the transvestites (the one I mentioned) was going around the bar chatting to, and chatting up, quite a few blokes.
    As I've already said, I wasn't that worried, and didn't feel awkward.
    It was quite amusing actually. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Every time I'm in a gay bar/club, I always get guys coming on to me, waaay more than girls come onto me in a "straight" pub/club.

Although there's more of a "we're all out for a good time" feel in gay clubs methinks :yes:
    Well, from what I could see last night, there were a few extroverts there (not just the transvestites). So that cliche does exist for a reason.
    Got to agree with you about the atmosphere in there, and it's strange, but I felt less threatened in there, ie no dirty agressive looks, or body language.
    Mind you, I'm certainly not going to make a habit of conciously going into gay bars! Honest!
  • Options
    How do you know they were eyeing you up? Geeze... why do men always think that? If somebody looks at 'em in a club then they're eyeing them up :p I mean somebody's accused a gay mate of doing it to him before when he wasn't... and I got accused of eyeing up some girl's bloke... ohhh and a female friend. But like... some people seem to think that if you look in their direction you automatically want to fuck them.

As for gay clubs... don't mind 'em, they have a better atmosphere and feel safer than straight ones. Shame about the shit music in most of them though... guh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    How do you know they were eyeing you up?
    There's a look, and there's a "look". You know when you're being given the eyeing up look. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    How do you know they were eyeing you up? Geeze... why do men always think that? If somebody looks at 'em in a club then they're eyeing them up :p I mean somebody's accused a gay mate of doing it to him before when he wasn't... and I got accused of eyeing up some girl's bloke... ohhh and a female friend. But like... some people seem to think that if you look in their direction you automatically want to fuck them.
    I didn't, but I was getting eyed by a couple of blokes. You know the sort of look, exactlty the same look as when you catch a girls eye across the room. And one of the transvestites (the one I mentioned) was going around the bar chatting to, and chatting up, quite a few blokes.

:)
  • Options
    Wobble's right.

And I would always prefer to be eyed up by a bloke than take my teeth home in a paper bag.
  • Options
    Heres a little story if last time that happened to me:

Justin visits She-man cabberay - http://www.twisted.co.nz/gallery/albums/2004_Kells_21st/kelly_025.jpg
    Justin gets befrended - http://www.twisted.co.nz/gallery/albums/2004_Kells_21st/kelly_028.jpg
    Justin starts to get worried - http://www.twisted.co.nz/gallery/albums/2004_Kells_21st/kelly_032.jpg
    Now it gets a bit close to comfort - http://www.twisted.co.nz/gallery/albums/2004_Kells_21st/kelly_033.jpg
    Ohh shit, now I'm afraid.. Help! - http://www.twisted.co.nz/gallery/albums/2004_Kells_21st/kelly_034.jpg

... hehehe, classic! ;):p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Justin Sane
    Heres a little story if last time that happened to me:
    ... hehehe, classic! ;):p
    Now that's just scary! Mind you, the drag queen DJ, and one of the transvestites, on Friday night was a bit scary too! :nervous:
    Glad you had a good time though. :D