Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Places You Want To Visit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just doing a bit of life planning and writing down places I want to visit / revisit or simply get to know better.

Where do you guys wana go within your lifetime?

Alaska
Australia
Barcelona
Brazil
China
Dubai
Eygpt
Florida
Goa
Greece
Hong Kong
Ibiza
Ireland
Japan
Jarkarta
Kenya
London
Madrid
Malaysia
Mexico
New Oreleans
New York
New Zealand
Paris
Portugal
Russia
SaltLake City
Scotland
Seattle
South Africa
Tenerife
Toronto
Vancouver
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Places You Want To Visit
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Just doing a bit of life planning and writing down places I want to visit / revisit or simply get to know better.

Where do you guys wana go within your lifetime?

SaltLake City

Seattle

:thumb: hhmmm...wonder why you wanna go to those places :lol:;)
  • Options
    Salt lake City? Curious choice.

Errm, I'd love to see Syria, but I doubt I'll be able to given the way the Middle East is being royaly fucked up by world leaders.

Laos is supposed to be fantastic too, I really want to go there.
  • Options
    really wanna go to Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil!
  • Options
    Re: Places You Want To Visit
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Australia
    Barcelona
    China
    Dubai
    Florida
    Eygpt
    Hong Kong
    Japan
    Jarkarta
    New York
    New Zealand
    Russia
    South Africa

All of the above! I've been to some of them but I'd still like to go back! *dreams of winning the lottery and going on a world tour!* :D
  • Options
    OK here we go...

Croatia
    Cuba
    Russia
    South Africa
    Libya
    Australia
    Argentina
    Mexico
    Iceland
    Denmark
    Pennsylvania
    Chicago
    Montreal
    Pakistan

That is all for now I think
  • Options
    Chicago!? Thats the second dullest city behind Toronto.

South Africa is amazing, I would highly recomend it.

Barcellona is the most beautiful city I've ever been to, fantastic buildings.

Montreal is a lovely place, much much better than Toronto, though it gets bitter during the winter and far too bloody hot in the summer.

Sydney's good too, I'd recomend there as a visit, expencive though.

I wouldnt rush back to New York, I wasnt very impressed with it really. Just a little plain. I guess you need a local to show you around. It just didnt really appeal to me.
  • Options
    New York has a fantastic charm to it. Like London, but less rushed and with an even greater mix of people, and more friendly...

Either way I really want to visit South Africa, Australia and Japan...
    Probably a tour of the far east too (Thailand, Vietnam, Laos).

And of course re-visiting New York and London. Which I will definitely. Will probably be back in London by Christmas time.
  • Options
    Really, you think New York has a wider mix of people?

Interesting, I would have said the opposite, but then having said that I didnt get out much into the other bits. I was maining on Manhatan.
  • Options
    I was in Manhattan only too.
    But the aim of our trip was to show the way Manhattan was made up of different immigrant waves. So we visited a lot of different neighbourhoods.

Everything in NY was just greatness. Was really hard to digest at first. But it was breathtaking in a way I have never tried before. The view from Empire State Building just topped it.
  • Options
    I guess so, I thought many of the buildings were quite ugly, big yes, impressive, possibly, but in the main just big office blocks.

I much prefer Londons wierd mix of old, very old, middle aged and new buildings.
  • Options
    Kephalonia
  • Options
    Isnt that when you steal things you dont really even want.
  • Options
    Alaska
    Amsterdam
    Australia, it was amazing, would love to go back!
    Austria, going in December! Wooooo!
    The Alps
    The Amazon
    Nerja, loved it there too.

That'll do me :)
  • Options
    Two places i wanna go is New york and Paris...

I'd love to go all over america to like chicargo, san francisco, california, las vegas etc etc

London would be really cool

New caladonia would be island paradise

And i supopse all over australia, might as well cos its close by ;)

And apparently new zearland is so toally green and all the mountins and everything would be awsome to see!

All i need is cash and a person to go with :(
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    so many places ... *starts dreaming*

australia
    malta
    canada (all over)
    argentina
    brazil
    hong kong
    new york
    and probably others but cant think at the moment.
    Chicago!? Thats the second dullest city behind Toronto.

i loved toronto. i would live there in an instant.
  • Options
    All I want to do is see the Northern Lights.
  • Options
    I'd like to travel around mainland Europe, Australia, Japan/China, possibly America and Canada (definitely Hawaii, it looks so nice). Just wanna experience different cultures :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    All I want to do is see the Northern Lights.

Ooo, ooo, ooo, me too!
    Would really like to visit Norway, since that's where my best friend and a couple of other friends are from. Would also like to visit Boston in the US and Canada at some point...
  • Options
    Vladivostok...
  • Options
    I really liked Malta. Very slow soceity and VERY Catholic.

Hawaii is grim, a foul place Honalulu is the worst, nastiest, foulest place on earth I have ever been too. It gave me The Fear, like nowhere else on Earth. Horrid.

Littemissy; Did you like Toronto then? Its nice enough, just dull, its flat grey and boring. Well thats my view anyway. Everyone is nice and friendly and the countryside around there is lovely but the town had no buzz to it at all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Littemissy; Did you like Toronto then? Its nice enough, just dull, its flat grey and boring. Well thats my view anyway. Everyone is nice and friendly and the countryside around there is lovely but the town had no buzz to it at all.

Sorry to butt in on your Canada conversation...

I didn't think Toronto was all that bad and the people seemed easy to talk to and friendly. The smaller towns north of Toronto seemed really boring and lifeless though, maybe everyone was on holiday. I'd agree Montreal was much better, despite the killer weather!

Did you ever go to Ottawa? I was expecting to be a boring administrative capital but I found it to be really vibrant, lots of young people and a nice mix of French and British culture.
  • Options
    Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh. I didnt really dislike Toronto, because to my mind there isnt anything to dislike, but at the same time I just thought it was really dull.

The people are nice, the streets are clean...and so on, but its just boring. Maybe thats just me though.

Montreal I would agree is better, the look and feel of the place are miles better. Though as you say the weather is nasty.

Ottawa, I was only there very briefly but it seemed a slightly odd place. A bit of a fake capital with the parliment there on the hill looking faux old from the 1950's.
  • Options
    Yeh, there are a lot of boring glass admin buildings but I was very taken with the nightlife in Ottawa. Loads of busy pedestrian areas and people sitting in the parks enjoying a drink (amongst other things). Pity I was only 16 when I was there, couldn't take advantage of it!
  • Options
    Dont get me wrong, I really like the Canadians, its just they can be a little dull thats all.

Maybe its the really low crime rate that does it?
  • Options
    Sydney.
  • Options
    I really liked Malta. Very slow soceity and VERY Catholic.

2 points to make here ...

malta ... this place will always have a place in my heart. i am half maltese and have lots of family there. its a gorgeous country maybe cos i see it from the inside rather than the outside. very, very catholic place. they do not rush things, they have a lovely pace of life. i would live there permenantly if it wasnt that i would suffer in the summer with the heat.

toronto ... i loved canada and i loved toronto when i was there. i thought the place had a buzz to it, the people were just lovely and it was generally a nice city. i do not have much to compare it to but i really loved it there and will definately return.
  • Options
    I didnt actually spend that much time on Malta itself, I went to Gozo on that crazy helicopter which looks like a remnant of the soviets.

I loved the place but I got the feeling they were turning it into a big old peoples resort, I hope that doesnt happen.

As for Toronto, well I guess some people look for different things in a city. Of the world cities I've been too I think its the dullest. Very nice and friendly, but dull.
  • Options
    I didnt actually spend that much time on Malta itself, I went to Gozo on that crazy helicopter which looks like a remnant of the soviets.

I loved the place but I got the feeling they were turning it into a big old peoples resort, I hope that doesnt happen.

Gozo is becoming more andm ore like that, yes. however, if you go into the heart of malta, not the touristy bits like on the west coast (st pauls bay and stuff) but into the actual centre, the capital, Valletta, and the suburbs of Valletta, into places like Zurreiq and Floriana then you definately get the feel of the "old" malta, the "real" malta. yes, some places are becoming more commercial but the essence of the country is still there imo. it is very different to places like the balearics.

however, i could just be completely biased as i am half-maltese.
  • Options
    Oh, of course, its nothing like virtually any other island anywhere. Its a little like Sicily in its history, culture and food. But then it owes a lot to Northern Africa too.

I'd highly recomend it to anyone.
  • Options
    New York
    Chicago
    Los Angeles
    Houston
    Tijiana (sp?)
    Hong Kong
    Barcelona
    Milan
    Florence (before it sinks!)