Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A Levels -v- Holiday

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'd be happy with a C at A level.

and you could die tomorow. i am actually serious when i recommend goin on holiday.
    Originally posted by tittletattle
    why what?

why why why delilah?!

im not a fool, nor am i a stupid person!

its a retake, i already have a grade c, which is plenty ta very much indeed!

and yes, i agree, bongbudda, they really rnt that important... theyre more for ppl who want to bridge the gap while they think of what they want to do with their lives cuz they cant b arsed to work!

i love you all xx

A-levels arent just there for people who want to bridge the gap because they are too lazy to work. Maybe thats just you.
    Originally posted by molo
    i'd be happy with a C at A level.

and you could die tomorow. i am actually serious when i recommend goin on holiday.

exactly, finely someone who doesnt have their head stuck in a book! and whos ventured outside the library!

u clearly have a life, CONGRATULATIONS!

i only wander what these ppl do one sundays when the library is closed!

thank you!
    People like you deserve to get Cs.
    im not doing a levels sugar, im doing a course and took a level law as an extra as i thort it may b interesting
    Originally posted by PussyKatty

i beg ur pardon?whats up with a c
    I can say that A-levels mean nothing because I have an HND at distinction and a 2.1 Ba Hnrs.

You on the other hand, do not, so they are more important.

eyyyyyyy a C is good!
    bongbudda my dear, you need your a levels to get ur hnd n all what u have, i on the other hand do not
    God, with spelling like that you are best staying away from the A-level altogether.
    A C is not that good in my opinion. But then I have high standards. I got 1 C in one of my A Levels and was disappointed.

There's nothing wrong with a C if you have put the work in and tried your best.

But if you are too lazy to even go to the exam and would rather go on holiday, then you do deserve a C. Besides, she/he can't even spell.
    i actually go an A at a level english lang, im just typing quickly and making typing errors.
    exactly, finely someone who doesnt have their head stuck in a book! and whos ventured outside the library!

u clearly have a life, CONGRATULATIONS!

i only wander what these ppl do one sundays when the library is closed!

thank you!

Two points:

One-learn to type properly.
    Two-not everyone who places their education (which may well have implications on their future) above a poxy holiday has their head stuck in a book. Im sure most people do have a life. You just seem to have your priorities wrong, in my opinion.
    i actually go an A at a level english lang, im just typing quickly and making typing errors.

And they standards are slipping! What rubbish.
    its a holiday! holidays can lead to the best memories of your life.
    whats wrong with a C? i'm content and i have three a levels of D standards.

most employers don't give a fuck about results, just as long as you have the alevels.

if she is tryin to get in a fancy university then fine. but i doubt she is.

her prorities are in fact in a very correct place if you look at the bigger picture. and the fact she could die the day after her exam.

:yes:
    I do apologise for my typographical errors, I can assure you that I can spell correctly and I do not have my priorities as you stated, wrong.

At the end of my course, I will be employed as a Legal Secretary - you have to be able to spell in that profession! I will then be taking the Ilex route to become a Legal Executive, and then a Solicitor.

To do this, I need a grade E or above at A-level Law, and also the Legal Secretaries Advanced Diploma - which I have a distinction grade in.

Therefore, my priorities are not wrong, my education will not suffer, and I still get to take a holiday.
    We all like holidays but most people with sense would check the dates of their exams before booking.

If you've already made your mind up, why come and ask for peoples opinions?
    Yes, but the 'you could die tommorrow' ideal is bollox though isnt it. Because why not just stay in bed all the time, if you get up you might die.

The probability is that you will not die tomorrow, so its best to actually make some minor effort to make sure your not doing a shitty job for the rest of your life.
    i was asking whether the exam board might change the date of my exam, clearly they wont, as its not a problem as i have already passed, it doesnt matter.
    dear mr no life poster.

your actin a twat which is out of charecter for you i do believe.

i have included plenty of spellin mistakes for you (and grammatical) to keep you going a while.

although i will not have the best job in the world. i will have one i'm happy with and which has future prospects within a few months.

a job isn't of great importance. as long as i'm happy there and make enough money. i want to get my music out and earn the respects not the pounds from it. is this a foreign concept?

enjoyin life is more important to me and if i can afford to, i will.

needless to say the 'mcdonalds' joke was neither true in any form or witty.

yours,
    molo
    I was needlessly harsh, sorry.

I guess I was just trying to prove a point.

I fully retract my statement. Again, sorry.
    so anyway, more to the point... where you going/not going on holiday to?
    How can you even think about going on holiday, and actually consider putting that before your A-Levels?.....Now i know this may sound geeky lol but there are more important things...you need to prioritise yes?! Am in the middle of doing my A-Levels now an wouldn't even dream of wasting precious study time :angel:

:yeees:
    Just do the fukin exam, yes there is more to life than passing this exam or that exam etc. But cant you just go on holiday a few days later? If you think you can do better than a C, and if you doing a resit then you think you can. DO THE FUKING EXAM.

Damn the younguns of today :rolleyes:

Bopz
    ..... you do know my real name isnt tittletattle dont you?

yes.

just like my name isn't lucifer devil.

well, i'm buggered then.
    tittletattle...

1. People for whom exams are important aren't necessarily geeks. They just want to be able to do well for themselves later on ie. in employment/uni, and they're prepared to look at things long-term. It doesn't mean they don't have lives, you're stereotyping.

2. A C grade at A level is a real achievement for some people, and a bit of a disappointment for others. It all comes down to how well *you* could do; and since you've already got a C without taking this exam, surely it follows that you could do better than that overall if you take the exam? Don't you want to do yourself justice?

And on a seperate note, don't make a thread saying 'oops I booked a holiday 4 days before my last A Level exam' and expect people to be kind about it. Maybe if you'd explained at first that it was a retake and that you were doing another course as well as the 1 A Level, and that you've already secured a place to study next year, fewer people would've said, quite rightly, that you'd be completely insane to miss your A Levels.
    originally posted by Molo
    enjoyin life is more important to me and if i can afford to, i will.

:yes: i think that sentiment tends to get lost in academia; the best uni, job prospects, 'You should do it because you can' attitude.

Im hoping to do Sociology at Birmingham, i chose it because it was the best one.

But to be honest im going because primarily i think it will be a laugh, not for the subject itself.

Im even starting to think alot of sociology is baseless bollocks.
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    originally posted by Molo

:yes: i think that sentiment tends to get lost in academia; the best uni, job prospects, 'You should do it because you can' attitude.

Im hoping to do Sociology at Birmingham, i chose it because it was the best one.

But to be honest im going because primarily i think it will be a laugh, not for the subject itself.

Im even starting to think alot of sociology is baseless bollocks.

haha yeh, i applied to do criminology and sociology - now i'm not so sure!
    Therefore, my priorities are not wrong, my education will not suffer, and I still get to take a holiday.
    Then why make this post? Surely you should have realised, being the intelligent person that you seem to believe you are, that people here would, in general, be amused at your complete lask of common sense!?