Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A Levels -v- Holiday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hola, I've just booked a holiday for the 8th June, however, Ive also just realised I have 3 a-level exams on the 12th!

Anyone got any idea of whether the exam board would rearrange it for another day?? Or is that just plain cheeky? lol

Thanks in advance!

xx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Are you being serious?

They'll tell you to piss off, and quite rightly too.
    :confused: But its summer?! :confused:

Surely a sun tan is more important than a level law, they'll understand that wont they?! :eek2:
    Originally posted by Kermit

:yes:
    Originally posted by Kermit

they'll probably laugh first. i know i would.
    twas kinda stoopid to book a holiday without checking when your exams are no?

of course they wont change it. if you think they will i have no idea how you expect to pass your exams even if you do sit them.
    oooooo u nasty piece of work u
    Naa they probs wont change em, almost certain they wont infact

When we get a clash (2 exams at the same time) you have to sit one then be supervised for lunch or whatever then sit the other 1 after lunch - I doubt they'll allow you to go 2 weeks or whatever and for something like a holiday!:lol:
    unless you say theres a reason youre going to this place!

holiday would be the wrong word. maybe ure visiting another place due to personal circumstances, like an illness in the family, a funeral, something like that.
    Thats just stupid. If you dont take the exam on the actual day you can probably have got another copy of the exam. Hence the exam being on a set date. :rolleyes: You really think they would change the exam for you? 1000's possibly 10,000s of others are doing the same exam.

It has to be asked why you are even doing A Levels with a question like that to be honest.
    Are you taking the piss tittle tattle? Yea they'll give you the time off to go on holidays :rolleyes:
    Please ring them, i want to hear how they will tell you to piss off without laughing and/or offending you! LOL

Bopz
    err ok... you have studied for 2 years for this exam, and you book a holiday 4 days before it? very intelligent. good luck with your a-levels!
    You will soooooooooo regret it if you dont turn up for your exams. Seriously, I pissed about and didnt turn up for a couple of my exams many years ago and I still regret it now, I was such a twat.
    They were only GCSEs as well, A levels would be even worse.
    There are no circumstances in which they let you off exams unfortunatly. Even if youre throwing up in the exam room and you have to leave, its still not taken into consideration.
    Its actually a resit, I got an overall C grade last year, and thought I could do better. Obviously, a C is a pass anyway, so it doesnt actually matter that much if I dont take it. I just thought seeing as I was taking my other exams around that time it wouldnt hurt to re-enter myself.
    well do what you want to do but i would take the exam, you should have booked the holidays a few days after the test.
    if i was them, i wud tell u to f**k off:lol:
    fuck it man, you and your bredrins take advantage of bein on road and go relax.

if you got a pass thats cool, just these lot been brainwashed by the 'whiteman'
    you got the grade c already, go reap the benifits of being paid and get laid.

ya done know!
    Originally posted by molo
    fuck it man, you and your bredrins take advantage of bein on road and go relax.

if you got a pass thats cool, just these lot been brainwashed by the 'whiteman'
    you got the grade c already, go reap the benifits of being paid and get laid.

ya done know!
    oh deary that actually made me laugh.
    quick someone say something miserable
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    oh deary that actually made me laugh.
    quick someone say something miserable

You suck :mad:
    oh yeh i can imagine it: "yes, that's fine tittle tattle, you go off on holiday....we'll set aside another day especially for you."

get real.
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    You suck :mad:
    your ma swallows :p
    OMG I can't believe you are even considering missing your A-Levels for a blooming suntan!

They're like the most importatn exams you'll ever take... will be on all your job applications, etc. so UNBOOK THAT HOLIDAY.

The next two weeks are going to be a heatwave if my sources are correct, so enjoy British sun instead of going abroad. Wait til the rain sets in agani in July!
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    oh yeh i can imagine it: "yes, that's fine tittle tattle, you go off on holiday....we'll set aside another day especially for you."

get real.

..... you do know my real name isnt tittletattle dont you?
    Originally posted by Rocks
    OMG I can't believe you are even considering missing your A-Levels for a blooming suntan!

They're like the most importatn exams you'll ever take... will be on all your job applications, etc. so UNBOOK THAT HOLIDAY.

The next two weeks are going to be a heatwave if my sources are correct, so enjoy British sun instead of going abroad. Wait til the rain sets in agani in July!

The most important exams your'll ever take! I bloody hope not I only got one D!
    Change the holiday you fool.
    Stupid people.

WHY?
    why what?

why why why delilah?!

im not a fool, nor am i a stupid person!

its a retake, i already have a grade c, which is plenty ta very much indeed!

and yes, i agree, bongbudda, they really rnt that important... theyre more for ppl who want to bridge the gap while they think of what they want to do with their lives cuz they cant b arsed to work!

i love you all xx
    Originally posted by tittletattle
    why what?

why why why delilah?!

im not a fool, nor am i a stupid person!

its a retake, i already have a grade c, which is plenty ta very much indeed!

and yes, i agree, bongbudda, they really rnt that important... theyre more for ppl who want to bridge the gap while they think of what they want to do with their lives cuz they cant b arsed to work!

i love you all xx
    Why are people stupid? Was my question.

What kind of person cares so little about their A Levels, which are going to be pretty important in your life - none of this crap about it only being a retake, you should be doing yourself justice, doing as well as you can - that they book a holiday without checking when the exam dates are, and then decide that the holiday should take priority?! And *then* decides that the exam board might listen to them asking for a change of date?!

:(
    vat? vat r u saying to me?

to be fair, i dont think u understand where my priorities lie!