Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Kelis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone like her new song "trick me"? I think it is really good and I just downloaded it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I keep listening to it over and over again. I am going to have to copy it onto mini disk so I can take it to college.
  • Options
    It great. I want her to have my babies, but if not, what with Nas and everything, I would like more decent tunes.
  • Options
    Ive got a copy of 'Tasty', her new album, she's done a tune with Andre 3000 from Outkast called Millionaire. Its very fucking good indeed.
  • Options
    ive had the album for a couple of months, 'tis very good, the 2 singles arent indicative of the rest of it at all, fave tracks are glow and attention. am i the only person who hates millionaire? i dont see why everyone raves over that track as opposed to any of the others :confused:

never mind...
  • Options
    Does anyone think that the video for that song is similiar to one of sean paul's vids?
  • Options
    I never realised how gorgeous she is!! And how she has a great voice too!!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Yup, lurve the song...just downloaded it myself, tres funky! Hopefully she'll just get better and better......seems to b going the right way at the moment tho.
  • Options
    I agree :yes:
  • Options
    i like it! better than milkshake!

i like the video too...its so...orange :D
  • Options
    I like "Public" too :D
  • Options
    not normally my thing, but i do like the song
    has that old reggae / dancehall feel
    plus she looks so good in the video.
  • Options
    every time i hear the words trick and me i think of the song and start singing the chorus "might trick once won't let you trick me twice might trick me once won't let you trick me twice"
  • Options
    The song it totally lodged in my head. Is her album good btw?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    Does anyone think that the video for that song is similiar to one of sean paul's vids?

OMG yes, i was watching the video today and part of it is just like

Sean Paul f.t Sasha - I'm Still In Love With You (Boy)

But anyway back to topic yeah i have to admit her songs are pretty good although i do have to say i prefere Milksake both the song and the video :p
  • Options
    id give her one *shuts up*
  • Options
    She's definately come on a hell of a lot, imagewise and music wise. I really like her new stuff. Was watching a behind the scenes the other day as well and she actually comes across as a chilled out lass as well.
  • Options
    I love that woman - She is Gorgeous :)

Love her songs, also - Want her album, though for the mean time I'm just downloading as many as I can and so far I love them all -

In that 'Trick Me' One of the girls, shaking her booty with the black hat looks like she was in sean pauls video as well, though could be wrong - :confused:
  • Options
    In that 'Trick Me' One of the girls, shaking her booty with the black hat looks like she was in sean pauls video as well, though could be wrong -

That is what I thought!
  • Options
    Great album, really into it.
  • Options
    Might go buy her album.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    Might go buy her album.

Soulseek is your friend. :D

Well worth buying, though.
  • Options
    I downloaded after hearing this tune, its a good album.
  • Options
    I'm torn between buying this, "Hopes and Fears" and "A Grand Don't Come for Free". I have an hour to decide. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    I'm torn between buying this, "Hopes and Fears" and "A Grand Don't Come for Free". I have an hour to decide. :(

The Streets or Kelis, man.

I'd go for Messr Skinner, myself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shameless
    The Streets or Kelis, man.

I'd go for Messr Skinner, myself.

But A Grand..... is apparently dissappointing compared to OPM, though it was always going to be because OPM was so fresh and different. Tasty isn't that diffferent to Wanderland, or so I hear, but will still be fantastic, and Hopes and Fears is said to be the best debut this year. :/
  • Options
    But A Grand..... is apparently dissappointing compared to OPM, though it was always going to be because OPM was so fresh and different. Tasty isn't that diffferent to Wanderland, or so I hear, but will still be fantastic, and Hopes and Fears is said to be the best debut this year. :/

Well, IMO, both " A Grand... ", and " Tasty " are superb albums. Full of amazing tunes.

I'll pm you with a link to a review i wrote for The Streets album. ;)
  • Options

If you have broadband I'll send you both kelis and a grand dont come for free on MSN.
  • Options

Don't believe the hype with Keane. They are alright, have some good stuff, but "debut of the year" is probably way off the mark. Franz have that tag so far.
  • Options
    I like the new song, and the videos funky and that...and yeh she looks great, but in some places, i think her braided hair makes her look older.