Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mushie sales deemed illegal.

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
The Home Office has ruled, or is about to rule, I cant be sure yet, that the sale of mushies whether fresh or not is illegal.

This follows on from the finding that the preperation of them for sale (putting them in a box and refrigorating them) makes them a "product" and therefore it falls under a different section of law.

This should mean that although mushie grow kits will continue to be legal the sale of fresh mushies will have to stop.

Of course this isnt exactly a surprise but, well a bit of a shame anyway.

I've got a link, I'll post it up in a bit.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    :crying:
  • Options
    Hope it dosen't hapeen for another few weeks at least, i have to buy some, well alot for the end of tests consumption night.
  • Options
    Whether it is enforced or not I dont know, but I think the ruling has happened and therefore its done and dusted as they say.

Anyone selling them now is technically supplying class A drugs.

Grow kits wont be effected though because they dont contain the illegal drugs.
  • Options
    Shit, I'll have to visit the headshop quite soon then.
  • Options
    Obviously with this there is the potencial for it to be challenged but I doubt that will happen.

Also you may well find that some police forces just dont enforce it, thats also possible. But personally I think it will be gone totally soon, no-one is going to risk it.

Not that it will make a big impact though, you can buy a grow kit and get them for much cheaper anyway.
  • Options
    Would this new law take truffles into the equation or what, they contain the same chemicals as mushrooms.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Would this new law take truffles into the equation or what, they contain the same chemicals as mushrooms.

Yeah it's all psilocybin and psilocin mate. So I'm guessing they'll fall under the same law.

I can't say I'm surprised that it's happened but it will be a shame to see them go! :(
  • Options
    It dosen't really matter what you say J, we've heard it all before. The government are always going to make some drugs illegal, it's now alot of people are having alot of fun with mushrooms and the government don't like it.

z0ma; you not going to reply to that pm?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    It doesn't stop me picking Fly Agarics which are easy as fuck to find (especially as I live in the Forest). I can't say that I'm that bothered cos most (save Fly's) do my suede in. :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Its not surprising at all, I have been saying this will happen for ages.

Why are they illegal? Well perhaps the fact that these drugs came under the UN Convention on Narcotic Drugs, we could NOT make these legal even if we wanted too. International law always goes above national law.

There is also the issue that the majority of voters dont want 'hard' drugs to be legally available.

It really makes no odds how shit the reasons are, voting is the only way that we have a voice and the voters have decided, for now at least, that this isnt good.

The two drugs in mushrooms have been class A for ages now, its really only been a legal loophole that has allowed this. Even without this ruling people could have been busted anyway because it could have been argued that they were preparing them for consumption.

Drugs dont always have to be illegal, there are serious moves towards the liberalisation of the drug laws within the UK. ACPO (senior police officers) are in favor of greater relaxation but the public dont want it yet.

Lets face it, most drug users dont exactly make the case stronger do they. Go to any club and what do most people do, take as much of anything they can get their hands on.

The actions of each and every drug user reflect on all of us, untill we can get our act together there will never be real reform.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    untill we can get our act together there will never be real reform.

I always thought half the point of doing drugs was getting you act untogether. :p

I like 'out my face'.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    TWATS FUCKING BOLLOCKS :mad: :mad:

i knew the day would come but not this quick.

i`ve looked on various websites and they are still being sold, for how long fuck knows.
  • Options
    Skive; I can see your point, and yes, I can agree with you, but untill we can reduce the number of people abusing drugs dangerously we wont get any major change to the drug law.

J; They are not making the mushroom illegal, having a fresh mushroom will still be legal. However preparing them for consumption will continue to be legal.
    By putting them in a box, keeping them refridgerated and selling them makes them a 'product'. You cant really argue with that.

Whether the law is moral, or ethical makes no odds really.

How do we change voters minds? Hmm, a good question.

I would say just getting most under 25's to vote would be a good start. The status quo will continue until we get off our arses and vote.

The Lib Dem's may not be pushing for all out legalisation but they have promised an independant look into the drug law. Its a start.

By saying drug users actions reflect on all the other drug users I am suggesting that bad stories will always get into the news, good ones wont.
    Same with football, most fans are fine, its the fighters who tar the rest of the nice ones.

"Teen dies in drug shocker" will always eclipse "Man has good time on MDMA"

See what I mean?
  • Options
    Ethics and morality are for philosophers they dont really have a great deal to do with law.

The law is laid down by elected members of parliment, so therefore as we elect them they should be doing the will of the majority of people. In this way the law should reflect the majority opinion. This is also somewhat negated by un-elected judges. But thats a seperate issue.

However, how it does work is slightly different. Newspapers, politicians and other powerful people play on the masses stupidity and irrational fears. This in turns creates problems which only those politicians can solve. Therefore keeping them in a job. Simple really.

I might also point out that there is no such thing as a harmless drug and the fact that it is 'natural' has little to do with it.
  • Options
    I wish I did have a vote. That's why I'd like to get into some sort of politics, yet can't help but feel I won't be paid attention to.
    I am not very happy that they're being made illegal. I was going to get some in town on Saturday, and they said we had to be 18. Which I'm not..I'm 15..so I thought I could wait a year or two (I'm almost 16) and could have bought them, but now they're being made illegal.
    I guess I do find it easier to get hold of illegal drugs than legal ones though...but still..
    Will it be illegal to sell them still if they're fresh and havent been put in a box or refrigerated or anything? (sorry if someone's already said, I'm really tired)
  • Options
    yes, i have to agree with j's sentiments, this is just unbelievably bad news for stoners and democracy alike...........when the rights of so many are controlled by so few, how can you call this a democracy? its a shamble..........as someone said before, the youth of today are put off voting because it doesnt seem like we can make a difference, and until this changes or people get fed up enough with the decisions that are being made for us then we are fucked people.......but getting back to the point, luckily ive had the chance to experiment with shrooms, its just a shame for future generations, cos they will be missing out, bigtime........i cant express my level of frustration that someone can tell me whats good and bad for me (there is an acceptable degree of control, and this is not), what vegetables i can or cannot eat, and enforce this by locking u up and throwing away the key, its one step away from full big brother control, i tell thee.............whats even more frustrating is it seems the majority are too ignorant to see it coming, and are quite happy to be told what to do...........fucking sickens me. and to the government i say FUCK YOU, thanks for nothing.
  • Options
    As unjust as it seems this is democracy though, as I have said earlier, most VOTERS dont want this to continue.

However having said all this, it appears that the ruling in the link which I gave you is not the final word on this issue.

As far as I can gather from a few people I have spoken to about this, this is just the first stage. There is more mulling over which needs to take place.

So, in the short-term at least they remain available for sale.