Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

How do you pay for your tickets?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
When you go to an event do you pay on the door, get tickets from the local music store, buy online (and if so what do you use to pay, credit card, switch, splash plastic, etc)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Most places youll strugle to get tickets on the door, plus its cheaper in advabce. I get a lot of tickets online. Going to the box office dosent really work for me, as it means two trips and then you dont have the fun of trying to find the venue half drunk on the night! :D

Bopz
  • Options
    buy online using credit card or switch.
  • Options
    I went to Dizstrukshon Sat night n they only pay on the door. Places where you need a ticket I go go to BPM in Derby or Promo Records, in Derby. There is usually a booking fee between £!.50 and £3.00.
  • Options
    It depends where I'm going, last event I went to was Elation, that set me back a tenner, which I thought to be totally reasonable because it was a wicked night.

I think much more than 15 a head is getting a bit steep.

I'll buy mine online normally.
  • Options
    buy mine with Switch. If i can get tickets at all i will rather than see on the door
  • Options
    Re: How do you pay for your tickets?
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    When you go to an event do you pay on the door, get tickets from the local music store, buy online (and if so what do you use to pay, credit card, switch, splash plastic, etc)

Depends on where I found out there's a gig I want to see - if I see it on a website, then I'll buy the tickets then; if I see it advertised in the city, then I'll wander over to the box office and buy them there.

If I wait longer than I have to they tend to sell out...
  • Options
    I spent £10 the other week. :mad:

My friends were moaning that it was cold and didn't want to queue and so we queue jumped. This was on a saturday and I'm normally pay £5 with my UKC card. Other than that it's about £2-3.