Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Loans and HSBC railcards!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
If anyone on here was waiting for the online loan application system, forget it, and request a hard copy. Firstly it was meant to be the start of April, then some time in April, then the start of May, then some time in May, and now, wait for it, they're going to announce when it is going to be available at some point in the summer! So from being ready for April they're now going to make an announcement some time in the summer, brilliant!!

Also there was something on here about bank accounts/freebies etc. I asked in HSBC about the rail card, apparently the reason it has not been advertised yet is that HSBC are you to confirm 100% what they are offering yet, but they told me that come June/July more details will be available and they 'expect to run the railcard scheme again', they simply aren't advertising it yet as plans have not been totally finalised.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As far as I was aware, you couldn't get a student account unless you have a confirmed offer from UCAS i.e. the piece of paper which arrives 2-3 days after results days telling you you got into to University X starting Month Y.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I've accepted an unconditional, not sure how it works for conditional offers.