Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help! Private Halls in Liverpool...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Help! Private Halls in Liverpool...

Found a link that might help you... :)

http://www.accommodationforstudents.com/largerprivatestudenthousing/studentaccommodation_lphs_Liverpool.asp
  • Options
    Greenbank Halls do a self-catering section... a lot of my mates are there, and they love it. The social life in either Carnatic or Greenbank is great, so I'd reccomend that above private halls... I don't know many people in private halls, so I can't really say what they're like, though one of my mates is moving into UNITE next year.

Greenbank isn't far out at all... takes me 40mins to walk there from the city centre, and 55mins back to Carnatic, and there are always buses. So you're not stuck far out at all, and Greenbank is in a nice setting too.

Certainly consider it before you go for the private ones - the website for Uni accomodation is here: http://www.liv.ac.uk/accommodation

(PS you're certainly better off cooking for yourself... the food in Carnatic is MINGING! Spent a fortune not eating it...)
  • Options
    There is some pretty nice housing in liverpool, eg one of my friends lives in the big new UNITE one behind limestreet (cant remember what its called) and that is lovely- they all have on suite and the lounge is all modern and stuff.

BUT the uni halls are pretty nice (OK, so maybe the campus ones arent quite so pretty and if your basically a country girl like me you dont want to be crammed in a city centre anyway but there are worse places to live) and it isnt much hassle getting into town/uni, just like Rocks said. They also have the added benefit of being controlled by the university, so if something goes wrongthey sort it out. UNITE have a bit of a reputation, in Liverpool at least, for not being the best landlords ever;- ot finishing building properly and dodgy drains etc, and theres some cafuffle over next years tenencies and things like that.

All i cn suggest is look round the options and go for the one that suits you, because everyones different and wants different things.
  • Options
  • Options