Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Summer Work

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Im looking for a summer job this year to fill my time between the beginning of July to end of September. Im 18 now, and have had about 3 years work experience in retail. Ive been lookingin the local paper for any types of summer work that might come up, but I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for things. Im a bit worried about trying to find one because I think people might not hire me because Im only available for a few months as Im off to uni, and would rather hire somone who can saty.

Any help appreciated :) Thanks
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've got exactly the same problem. I'm working one day a week at the moment but after my exams I'd like to do a few more days during the week. I've asked if I can put in some more hours at my shop but I would rather do something else over the summer to be honest.

http://www.summerjobs4students.co.uk/ has a list of jobs for students, I've applied for a couple of things but some of them I think keep you more on record for reference in case any positions open up :confused:
  • Options
    If you want to live away from home, you could work for the youth hostel association, or PGL (summer camp)...other ideas are playschemes for kids who are off school, temping with employment agencies, places like theme parks which always need more staff in the summer. Good luck.
  • Options
    Around here factory work is always good for the summer, and usually thier happy to take you on just for certain projects which usually only take up the summer. Its long shifts but usually good money :)